cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfgtool + secure boot

poonguzhalip
Contributor II

Hello,

We are in the process of enabling high assurance boot on sabresd boards and in the process, we have updated the uboot for supporting hab and signed the uboot image for flashing on the device.

We used mfgtool for flashing and it worked fine until we updated and signed the uboot. After updating uboot, flashing by mfgtool, the board doesn't bootup either with signed uboot image nor the unsigned uboot image. Is there any configuration change that has to be done in the mfgtool to support uboot modifications or do we have to rebuild the mfgtool src for making the secure uboot to work.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can refer Application Note AN4581 "Secure Boot on i.MX50, i.MX53, and i.MX 6 Series using HABv4"

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4581.pdf

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

poonguzhalip
Contributor II

uboot needs to built with mfg config and place it in OS Firmware folder