cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program binary file to K24

davidsun
Contributor II

Hello

This is a very basic question. I am a hardware engineer going to bring up a K24 board. I have PE micro Multlink universal FX. and a binary file from software team.

do I have to create an IAR project to program the board through jtag, do I have to purchase a license to to this,  is there a simple way to burn a binary file to K24.

I don't know where to start, if the IAR environment is must, could anyone please give me a link to a good tutorial.

even I have pretty strong software background, and eager to learn. I still want to focus on how to load the program to the chip. not how to compile and trouble the code.

thank you for your help,

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

one solution is, you use BIN2SREC to convert the binary format to srecord format. 

I believe you can download it from the following site:

http://www.s-record.com/

then you can use simple flash tool(integrated in both Freescale KDS3.0 and Codewarrior10.6) to download this srecord file to flash.

here is how to use simple Flash in Codewarrior10

Standalone Flash Programmer | MCU on Eclipse

the similar tool is also integrated in KDS

pastedImage_1.png

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

davidsun
Contributor II

Hi Jennie

in KDS flash configurations menu

in startup page.

How to config the Symbols offset and Executable offset.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

davidsun
Contributor II

test

0 Kudos