cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD-Card not recognized

mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Community,

currently I am trying to bring up my custom i.MX6 DL board. DDR3 calibration worked fine and the stress test did not show any errors in several hours.

Afterwards I modified BOOTMODE and BOOTCFG settings to boot from SD-Card (uSDHC2), put in an SD-Card with a yocto-image on it and powered up. The processor accesses the SD-Card (I can see the lines toggle on the oscilloscope) but then falls back to "serial downloader boot mode".

Can someone give me a hint if there is way to investigate this issue other than "watching" the lines with a logic analyser...?

Does i.MX6 output something on any UART during its boot sequence?

Quite unlikely, but is it perhaps possible to debug this initial boot sequence (I have a J-Link available)?

Best Regards,

Martin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin

one can follow procedure on below link (NAND and SD have

ivt header with the same offset)

Re: i.MX6Q NAND boot issues

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

Looking at 0x907400 shows my u-boot.imx. The entry address in my IVT is 00 00 00 01 which seems to be wrong. So I will try to figure out where in yocto this setting is hidden...

Another weird thing is that the value at address 0xD0 is 0x000070FD. Shouldn't it point to an OCRAM address containing the log buffer?

Is there a document about interpretation of the log buffer?

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin

unfortunately there are no much documentation for this topic,

log buffer may have different address for different processors/versions.

However in most cases checking ivt table/uboot sources may be sufficient for

successful bring-up. For example one can try to write and run small code in iRAM,

just toggle gpio.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos