cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lwadc vs adc?

Jump to solution
ryangittens
Contributor I

Can someone explain what's the difference between the lwadc and the adc on the MQX RTOS? Why is it quicker to use lwadc?

Any help is appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ryan,

You should look into MQX IO Drivers Users Guide, where both options are described, and select the one that you like more.

LW means less CPU overhead, less features. Less features might be enough for most applications.

However, for adc, my recommendation is to use the lwadc. These lw io drivers are better and more usable.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ryan,

You should look into MQX IO Drivers Users Guide, where both options are described, and select the one that you like more.

LW means less CPU overhead, less features. Less features might be enough for most applications.

However, for adc, my recommendation is to use the lwadc. These lw io drivers are better and more usable.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos