What is the maximum speed possible for P2041RDB UART Communication?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum speed possible for P2041RDB UART Communication?

veerendranathj
Contributor III

Hi,

what is maximum speed supported by P2041RDB UART..?

Regards,

Veerendranath

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The P2041RDB manual says:

"DUART interface: supports two UARTs up to 115200 bps for console display"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

veerendranathj
Contributor III

Thanks for the information... I am getting overrun error even though operating P2041RDB board at 115200(some times for even lesser speeds). There is a DMA mode option in DUART(found information P2041RDB Reference manual) but I couldn't find how to use RXRDY and TXRDY signals(which are controlled by DUART in DMA mode) to control DMA controller.

Please assist me here....

Thanks and Regards,

Veerendranath

0 Kudos

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RXRDY and TXRDY are exposed in the UDSRn register.  They are not connected to the DMA controller.  The talk about DMA is legacy from the original UART chips where these lines could be connected to a DMA controller (but usually weren't).

P2041 does not support connecting rxrdy/txrdy to the DMA engine.  It is possible to do I/O at 115200 bps without losses, using the FIFO and interrupts.  You should debug to find out what is stopping the CPU from handling the interrupt in a timely fashion, or processing the received data fast enough, etc.

0 Kudos