cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing image error

nad
Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to use Manufacturing Tool in order to deploy images on custom board.

MFG Tool is already configured, but I had some troubles during building manufacturing images.

I am using meta-fsl-arm layer, based on revision 438ca51198f3c87a5ba53ef5e2babd561d1df0cf.

I tried to use the command as specified into the Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide, but the following error is returned :

bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs

Loading cache: 100% |#########################################################################################################################################################################################################| ETA:  00:00:00

Loaded 2250 entries from dependency cache.

WARNING: Unable to get checksum for mfgtool-linux-anor SRC_URI entry 0002-imx6dl.dtsi-remove-second-core-from-cpus-since-c300-.patch: file could not be found                                                                 | ETA:  --:--:--

Parsing recipes: 100% |#######################################################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 00:00:00

Parsing of 1777 .bb files complete (1776 cached, 1 parsed). 2249 targets, 253 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.

WARNING: No bb files matched BBFILE_PATTERN_patches '^/home/nad/Project/yocto/board_mfgtool/sources/meta-patches/'

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

NOTE: multiple providers are available for linux-mfgtool (mfgtool-linux-anor, mfgtool-linux-imx)

NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match linux-mfgtool

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'packagegroup-fsl-mfgtool-extfs' (but /home/nad/Project/yocto/board_mfgtool/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-fsl-mfgtool-extfs' is unbuildable, removing...

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['packagegroup-fsl-mfgtool-extfs']

ERROR: Required build target 'fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs' has no buildable providers.

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs', 'packagegroup-fsl-mfgtool-extfs']

Summary: There were 4 WARNING messages shown.

Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Besides, because the section 6.2 contains "A manufacturing tool kernel is built using the imx_v7_mfg_defconfig while the default kernel is built by using the

imx_v7_defconfig", I guess that the command specified above is not enough. Indeed, we are using customized board, defconfig has been modified a lot. Basically, many modifications have been done both from the kernel and u-boot side.

How to generate manufactoring images for a customized board properly ?

I continue my investigations on my side.

Thank in advance,

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

nad
Contributor III

Hi,

On the same configuration, the build has been done correctly but the explenation is still beyond me.

In addition to this strange behavior the same error occurs at almost each times, when a new environment is created from scratch.

Someone could give information ?

As said before, because both the kernel and u-boot have been modified to be in accordance with the requirements, we have created new bb files.

1. linux-boardV1-mfgtool_3.10.17.bb including :

require recipes-kernel/linux/linux-boardV1_${PV}.bb

require recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mfgtool.inc

In addition, the defconfig used contains notably the following options :

CONFIG_USB_MASS_STORAGE=y

CONFIG_FSL_UTP=y

2. u-boot-boardV1-mfgtool_2014.04.bb including :

require recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-boardV1_${PV}.bb

require recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-mfgtool.inc

SRC_URI += " \

file://0001-add-mfgtool-support.patch \

"

Based on the Sabre example, the patch contains :

+    "mfgtool_args=setenv bootargs " \

+        "bootver=${pamela_version} " \

+        "console=${console},${baudrate} " \

+        "rdinit=/linuxrc " \

+        "g_mass_storage.stall=0 g_mass_storage.removable=1 " \

+        "g_mass_storage.idVendor=0x066F g_mass_storage.idProduct=0x37FF "\

+        "g_mass_storage.iSerialNumber=\"\" "\

+        "enable_wait_mode=off "\

+        "\0" \

+    "initrd_addr=0x12C00000\0" \

+    "initrd_high=0xffffffff\0" \

+    "bootcmd_mfg=run mfgtool_args;bootm ${loadaddr} ${initrd_addr} ${fdt_loadaddr};\0" \

After running the command bitbake image-mfgtool-initramfs, which just contains recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs.bb

The generated images have been added to mfgtool packages, under firmware directory.

We try to download images by MFGTool but failed and the log shows "Error writing to device"

Please find in attachment the complete output.

Thank in advance,

Best regards.

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nicolas,

Have you try to download the code to a SABRE Board, or any other board,   I think the error could be related to hardware issues, have you try to download the software in another way like lets said with an SD Card or any other media?

have a nice day

0 Kudos