cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETB status stuck at stopped after trigger

Jump to solution
ianferrel
Contributor I

When collecting trace in the ETB, after a trigger has occurred, I can’t seem to reset the ETB so it will collect more trace. After stopping and reenabling the formatter, the ETB status register continues to show that it’s stopped and triggered, with no new trace collected. I’ve seen similar behavior in other hardware when the trigger was not acknowledged, so I looked in the reference manual to see if there was an acknowledge bit that I had to set manually.

In the Vybrid Reference Manual, Rev 3, and I found "Table 21-8. MDM AP Control Register Assignments, which lists bit 25 as the CTI trigger ack, but also says that its reserved, and has the comment "TKT085997 : fix postponed.

Setting that bit does not resolve the issue.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Am I correct that the problem is with trigger ack? Is there another solution? Can someone explain what "TKT085997 : fix postponed." means. It sounds like this might be a known issue

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
richard_stulens
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ian,

The ticket you refer to says the bit (25) is not properly connected.

I'm checking with design, but chances are that it was not fixed. So writing bit 25 will have no effect in that case.

Best regards,

Richard

ianferrel
Contributor I

Richard,

Thanks for the info. That matches my experience that writing bit 25 doesn't fix this issue. :smileyhappy:

Am I on the right track at all? If that bit isn't connected, is there another way to acknowledge the trigger?

0 Kudos
richard_stulens
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ian,

I received feedback from the design team.

They say Bit 25 is unrelated to ETB.  The ETB can be re-filled over and over again. This was confirmed by the silicon validation team.

Can you provide a step-by-step description of the scenario so they can recreate it?

Thanks & regards,

Richard

0 Kudos
ianferrel
Contributor I

I will see if I can provide a simple process to reproduce.

It might take me a little while. Right now I have a higher priority issue to work on.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

ianferrel Please let us know when we can continue with the follow  up on this case.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

ianferrel​ did you get previous comment?

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

richard_stulens​ do you have an update?

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

reminder

Richard Stulens do you have an update?

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hi Ian,

can you let me know if this question is  for the GH tools  or are you trying to support a customer?

0 Kudos
ianferrel
Contributor I

This is not in direct response to a customer request, if that's what you're asking.

I'm trying to add support to Green Hills tools so that triggers work.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Thank Ian  for your update.

I will check internally and let you know.

0 Kudos