FRDMK64 MQX FREEMASTER AND SDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDMK64 MQX FREEMASTER AND SDK

jalvarado
Contributor I

Hi, I'm working with FRDMK64, MQX, KSDK 1.2 and FREEMASTER. I read the documentation of FREEMASTER, the USER GUIDE in the section 4.10 says that you can use MQX with FREEMASTER. I have read and followed the instructions of the user guide and application note AN4752 to configure freemaster in MQX. My project have successfully compiled, but the FRDMK64 is not recognized by FREEMASTER. Below is the code of the main task:

void main_task(uint32_t initial_data)

{

FMSTR_Init();

while(TRUE)

{

counter++;

FMSTR_Poll();

}

_task_block();

}

In the file freemaster_cfgen.h i have configured the MQX interface as follows:

#define FMSTR_DISABLE          0    /* To disable all FreeMASTER functionalities */

#define FMSTR_USE_MQX_IO       1    /* To select MQX IO communication interface */

#define FMSTR_USE_PDBDM        0    /* To select Packet Driven BDM communication interface */

// Please make sure that FreeMASTER is not using same interface like

// MQX IO CHANNEL defined by BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL

#define FMSTR_MQX_IO_CHANNEL   "ttya:"

#define FMSTR_MQX_IO_BLOCKING  1

I ask your help I ask your help to know that I'm doing wrong. Is there any example of FREEMASTER and MQX for KSDK?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jose,

I could finally do some modification in order to detect FRDM-K64F board in FreeMaster tool when using MQX + KSDK, however, it still does not send data to Freemaster, i think there are some modifications needed in freemaster files in order to be compatible with MQX + KSDK.

All changes that i made were related to install a nio "ttyd:" device using nio API's and then open this device in FMSTR_Init function, however, serial driver is different in MQX for KSDK than in MQX classic version.

I hope this can help you,

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Manuel,

As far as I know, MQX implementation was made for MQX standalone software (MQX 4.1 or most recent versions) but not for KSDK + MQX.

For MQX implementation, you need to install serial port used for Freemaster interface and this is done in MQX's bsp when setting this macro to 1 (user_config.h file: #define BSPCFG_ENABLE_TTYA 1).

Once this is installed, in FMSTR_Init function, IO_PORT could be opened successfully.

In KSDK + MQX project, installation is quite different that is why you cannot open Serial Communication. (If you debug your project, you will find that FMSTR_InitSerial function always returns 0).

I tested one simple example using MQX 4.2 and it worked well, however, when i made the same test in KSDK + MQX it failed.

I am still waiting to see how port should be opened/installed before calling FMSTR_Init() function.

I hope this can help you!

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos