Fastpath streaming camera video setup during kernel startup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fastpath streaming camera video setup during kernel startup

williemah
Contributor I

I am currently developing an IMX6 solo device in which I need to stream its native camera video to its LCD soon after the device is turned on.  My device has a uboot, kernel, and spi-nor based filesystem.  I have successfully enabled such video through uboot but haven't been succeeded with kernel yet.  Waiting until userspace is active for such video is not an option, since it is too long a delay (even with kernel boot optimizations applied).  My goal is to have video within 3 seconds of power up.  I would also like to keep intact most video/media related drivers (i.e. IPU, GPU, V4Lx, camera, framebuffer, LCD) since my application eventually needs them.   I am using a 2014 uboot with 3.14 kernel and plan to use a UBI filesystem.  My custom imx6 solo board is based on Freescale's Sabresd DL dev board.

I am wondering if anyone in the community has done anything like this and willing to share thoughts or solutions?

Good day!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Willie,

I never seen a i.MX6Solo booting as fast as 3 seconds and having  video drivers like GPU, IPU, V4L2 etc.  My only advise should be that the Linux Kernel need to be executed in Place  ( XIP)  to fast enough the system but I don´t know if you are going to accomplish that speed to boot up.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vikaspatil
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I have similar requirement with i.MX6DualLite based custom platfor. Did you manage to do it within 3 sec?

Regards,

Vikash

0 Kudos