'Launching hello_world_frdm64f debug cmsidap' has encountered a problem.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Launching hello_world_frdm64f debug cmsidap' has encountered a problem.

alwilgus
Contributor I

I have a FRDM-K64F and have installed Kinetis SDK 1.3.0 Mainline - Windows.exe Kinetis Design Studio installer for Microsoft Windows 3.0.0.exe and mbedWinSerial_16466.exe.  The demo runs in Tera Term.  The 'Lib' and the 'Hello World' programs compile.  But when I load for debug I get, 'Launching hello_world_frdm64f debug cmsidap' has encountered a problem.  Please let me know how to continue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Al,

please, have you tried download the latest mbed interface upgrade file for FRDM-K64F?

Firmware FRDM K64F - Handbook | mbed

Kind Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

alwilgus
Contributor I

Yes, but still have the same issues.  Anyone else having problems with the Hello World problem not working on a new install before/after the upgrade?

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Al,

if you face this issue

cmsisdap.png

I tried with my FRDM-K64F

FullSizeRender.jpg

Also I´m attaching you the video.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

andrékouwen
Contributor II

Hi Iva,

I am trying to run a simple Hello World program with remote on targer debugging which is I think what Al in original post tries to achieve.

I do have a FRDM KEA 128 instead of a K64 board

Here a few question:

* where do I find the sources of this demo project?

* how do I load the J-Link firmware?

* how do I load the MBED firmware?

* Is this also going to work with my installed Kinetics Design Studio 3.2 or do I have to install Kinetis SDK 1.3?

I try to get an proper IDE with remote debugging running to this to me totally new FRDM board.

Any help is greatly appriciated

Thanks

0 Kudos

andrékouwen
Contributor II

I mean that I would even consider to buy a different boad like the K64F if this would mean that I can really start writing software instead of trying to figure out a proper and working IDE env

0 Kudos