Do I need KSDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need KSDK

therealfreegeek
Contributor IV

In the past I used CW & Processor Expert to build a framework on Coldfire MCUs for projects which worked out very successfully. Now I plan to do the same with Kinetis for a range of new projects (for the time being I do not plan to use an OS) and use PE to get up and running quickly.

Having briefly looked through a few docs for KSDK and KDS, I think I do not need to install KSDK, can someone correct me if I am wrong.

Can anyone also explain why the PE functionality appears to be duplicated in KSDK? It all seems a bit confusing.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ernest,

Which chip do you use ?

About the PE and SDK+PE ,  you can consider like this : There are two frameworks PE and KSDK+PE, the two PE are difference , they have no relationship.

The former PE almost the same as the PE on CW; the KSDK+PE is a  new one .

Some chips only support the KSDK , for in the future , all the kinetis chips will support the KSDK .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

therealfreegeek
Contributor IV

Hi Alice, thanks for responding.

I will probably start with the K26. As I have many projects and the price of the MCU is not important, a super-set device would be flexible for me.

I really like the conventional PE, it is vary sad to see that it will be phased out.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ernest,

Sorry for maybe i cause misunderstanding to you .

The KSDK also can through configure the PE to development :

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos