AnsweredAssumed Answered

KDS 3.0.0+SDK+MQX-lite crash when using interrupt driven drivers

Question asked by Olav Birkeland on Oct 19, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 by Olav Birkeland

Hi  I am trying to  read a I2C slave device using PE SDK and MQX-lite.  This would seemingly be easy. Even with very little, or more correct no code written by me, the program crashes. Here is what I have done:

-Installed Kinetis Design Studio 3.0.0

-Installed PE SW updates to add support for the MKL27Zxxx family

-Installed Kinetis Software Development Kit 1.3.0

-Run “Install new Software …” from PE to add SDK into PE (C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\tools\eclipse_update\KSDK_1.3.0_Eclipse_Update.zip)

-Add one output I/O pin. This pin will be used to drive a single LED

-Add OS to the project (MQX lite)

-Add one task and writing a few lines of code for blinking the LED once every second

This works fine and the LED is blinking.

Then I modify the program by adding one I2C master and enable Auto Initialization. I do not add any code to use the I2C master yet.

I recompile the code and start debugging the program. The program crashes and it seems like there are problems during task scheduling. Please note that I have not written any code myself for I2C initialization or usage. All code related to I2C are auto generated based on my settings in PE.

I actually do not think this has anything to do with I2C. It just happens to be I2C that’s the first interrupt driven driver that I am using in my first SDK+PE+MQX-lite project. I believe that the problem are somehow related to interrupts and MQX-lite.

Is there anything that I have forgot during PE setup that can explain this?

Outcomes