cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100Mbps Ethernet on kinetis K64

punitkumar
Contributor IV

Hi

I need information on how to use Ethernet on Kinetis K64 MCU.

Also i'm working on baremetal project and prefer to skip Processor Expert.

Thanks & Regards

Punit Kumar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

punitkumar
Contributor IV

Does anyone has a TCP example for K64 based on lwIP which work on codewarrior 10.6?

i already tried KSDK example & it works but i need for codewarrior, or the way to port KDS project to codewarrior?

Thanks in advance

--

Punit Kumar

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Punit,

you can try examples in Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale .

We have created for examples under lwip and rtcs stacks.

For RTCS you can find these examples:

Ethernet to serial example application, which demonstrates a simple character passing between

UART console and socket. The application creates a listening socket on port 23 (this port is default and can be changed with demo configuration) to which a TCP/IP connection can be established. This example supports both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols.

also you can try HTTP server application, which demonstrates different features of the RTCS HTTP server. The example allows to start one or more HTTP servers on IPv4 and/or IPv6 addresses, demonstrating use of both static and dynamic web pages with CGI and server WebSocket plugin.

Shell Application, which demonstrates different features of the RTCS TCP/IP stack. The example allows performing initialization and configuration of network interfaces, running RTCS application services like DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP, Telnet, SMTP and others.

and SNMP example, which demonstrates how SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol)

uses Trap command message to communicate between the manager and the agent.

For questions about KSDK, please refer to Kinetis Software Development Kit

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Iva

punitkumar
Contributor IV

hi ivadorazinova

thanks for quick response,

i'm currently using codewarrior10.6, is there some example available for that.

Also, from where can i get lwIP stack files.

regards

Punit Kumar

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Punit,

examples for lwIP stack you find at C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\lwip

HTTP Server Demo on lwIP TCP/IP Stack, UDP Echo Demo on TCP/IP Stack, TCP Echo Demo on TCP/IP Stack and Ping Demo on lwIP TCP/IP Stack.

After installation KSDK you can find also detailed documentation located under C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\doc

I´m attaching you described demo application (KSDK 1.3 Demo Application User´s), also for lwIP Stack and also Getting Started with KSDK.

We have created examples for IAR, Keil, KDS, Atollic and GCC.

KDS is free IDE, supporting Kinetis devices.

For downloading KDS please go to Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

Also if you have bigger projects in CW (+PE) and want to continue in KDS, is possible to migrate your project by this way :

CW MCU 10.6 Processor Expert projects migration into KDS 3.0.0

Please, look at the video Video Link : 3281

Wish it helps.

Kind Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

punitkumar
Contributor IV

Hi ivadorazinova

Thanks for the solution, but i currently working of other parts of the project and have postponed Ethernet as the hardware is not ready yet.

i'll get back here when i will work on that

regards

Punit Kumar

0 Kudos