DDS implementation with KL25Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDS implementation with KL25Z

bukitoo
Contributor I

Hi! I have been trying to implement a DDS with the DMA peripheral of a KL25Z.

The basic Idea is to transfer one period of my signal without CPU intervention to a single memory location (DAC output register), periodically. THe sample time is commanded by the PIT tick.

I could do it by reloading the DMA configuration in each period, within the DMA IRQ handler but I have the problem of the IRQ handler processing latency, so I was thinking a way of workarround that behavior.

Then I tried to use a second DMA channel, linked with the first one, to transfer the configuration for the 1rst channel when the signal period expired. But I could make it work. Is that possible to do?

The idea is to have all the DDS process without CPU intervention.

Any tip will be apreciated.

I have found many examples using the eDMA module (from another kinetis cpus) but s few for the DMA module of the KL25z one.

Thanks!

Franco

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Franco,

Yes , you can use two DMA channels for DAC converter .

1. The DAC conversion complete flag requests a DMA transfer for channel 1.

2. The channel 1 transfer finishes and the resulting value is transferred to the SRAM buffer.

3. Since channel 1 is linked to channel 0, the channel 1 finish requests a transfer start on channel 0.

There is a sample code (AN4590)about kineits K series , the DMA have some difference with KL25, while the process we can refer to .

Search Results: AN4590

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos