Migrating project from twr-k70f120m Codewarrior 10.6 MQX 4.1 to custom board with Kinetis K61 KDS PE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating project from twr-k70f120m Codewarrior 10.6 MQX 4.1 to custom board with Kinetis K61 KDS PE

Jump to solution
maciejwdowiarz-
Contributor III

Hello,

I'd like to ask for help/advice while migrating project from Tower based module (TWR-k70f120) to MK61 based custom board.

I'm not sure which of the two following approaches are better:

1. Create new project in KDS + KSDK + PE (MQX 4.2) for the closest KSDK-supported configuration to Kinetis MK61FN1M0xxx12 MCU, that is  TWR-K64F120M. Later, modify these board, gpio_pins and pin_mux source and header files, like mentioned here: https://community.freescale.com/thread/355899.​ However here, are two problems: first I've got into issue: New_Kinetis_Project.png
    second problem is the differences between MK64 and MK61 that may add a lot of additional work.
  2. Create new project KDS + KSDK + PE (MQX 4.2). In this case, not using KSDK I may choose exact MK61 MCU from the list. However here, I'm not sure if after generating code for CPU + adding my tasks from old project I need also manually add support for my BSP ? That is, I know that drivers for e.g. serial or Ethernet should be added as PE components but is it sufficient ?

Could you please tell me which solution is better for this purpose ?

Best regards,

Maciej

0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Maciej,

For the first issue, you need to install the KSDK eclipse_update, please check the following video (minute 3:20). This video is for KSDK 1.2 but it is the same process for KSDK1.3.

Video Link : 3281

For the second issue, if you want to use the MQX for KSDK then you need to modify manually the files according the thread you mentioned https://community.freescale.com/thread/355899.

Attached to this thread you will find a document that shows how to port applications built for MQX RTOS v4.2.0 to MQX RTOS for Kinetis SDK v1.2.0.

I hope this helps.
Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Maciej,

For the first issue, you need to install the KSDK eclipse_update, please check the following video (minute 3:20). This video is for KSDK 1.2 but it is the same process for KSDK1.3.

Video Link : 3281

For the second issue, if you want to use the MQX for KSDK then you need to modify manually the files according the thread you mentioned https://community.freescale.com/thread/355899.

Attached to this thread you will find a document that shows how to port applications built for MQX RTOS v4.2.0 to MQX RTOS for Kinetis SDK v1.2.0.

I hope this helps.
Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!