Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DediProg SF600 Plus EzPort FRDM-K64 - Not working - Help

techscale
Contributor II

EzPort K64 Hardware Configuration

Introduction

This document describes installing and testing of SF600 Plus DediProgrammer with Freescale K64 processor on FRDM K64 evaluation board.

The purpose of this document is to determine if the SF600 Plus is compatible with EzPort feature of the MK64FN1M0VLL12 processor as claimed by the manufacturer.

I've purchased a SF600 Plus programmer and below are my notes on setting up the hardware and software.  I’m following the directions provided by DediProg on setting up EzPort in the EzPortsupport.pdf document.  Unfortunately, the directions are a bit vague and I’ve been unable to get the programmer to work.

I first tried to get the programmer working on my customer board that I've been programming / debugging with a Segger J-Link.

I wanted to use EzPort to program boards in production which is why I selected teh DediProg SF600 Plus as it operates in a stand alone mode.

EM100-Split-Cable - PN EM-SP-CB

http://siliconkit.com/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_26&product_id=67

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.png

SF600 PLUS SPI FLASH IC PROGRAMMER

http://siliconkit.com/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=288

FRDM-K64F Freedom Development Platform

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

EzPort_Support.pdf

This document contains set up info to Program and I hope Read Freescale MCU

Installing Dediport Driver

Follow directions provided in DediProg SF software user manual.  Installation requires manually installing driver.  Must tell operating system where inf file on CD or drive.

Installing SF600 desktop software

Run SF6.0.4.39_Beta.msi software  and follow prompts.  Seems to be working.

This is the Engineering software – there is also a production software

pastedImage_6.png

So the desktop software seems to be working –

Hardware Connection Table

Connecting SF600 to K64 chip via SWD connector on my board.  Below are connection details

pastedImage_7.png

Table 2 from DediProg EzPort user manual for SF600

K64 pins vs SWD header on board vs SF600 DediProgammer pinout

K64 Pin

Name

K64 Pin #

K64 EZP Pin Name

K64 SWD Pin Name

K64 JTAG

Pin Name

sWD Header PIN on Board

SF600

Pin

Name

SF600 Pin #

SF600 Split Cable Color

Comment

PTA3 -

SWD_DIO

JTAG TMS

PTA0

EZP_CLK  EZP_CK?

SWD
CLK

JTAG TCLK

CLK

Gray

PTA2

EZP_D0  EZP_Q?

SWO /EXTa /TRACECTL

JTAG TDO

MISO

green

PTA4

or

NMI

EZP_CS

N/A

CS 1

orange

Connected with SW3 on FRDM-K64

PTA1

EZP_DI EZP_D?

NC/EXTb

JTAG TDI

MOSI

black

unconnected to SWD connector but on pin 8 of J1 (2x8)on FRDM-K64

3 and 5 GND

GND

white

Reset

nRESET

CS 2

red

Connecting Dediport to Target FRDM-K64

Most of the connection points required for EzPort on the FRDM-K64 board are exposed on the Serial Wire Debug (SWD) connector and on the Ardinuo headers.

The SWD connector is used a segger j-link to load and debug software.

Before connecting the programmer to the FRDM-K64, scratch out the trace jumper at J11 and install a two pin header.  Leave the jumper  J11 open.

This cuts the clock signal from the OpenSDA circuit to PTA0 (SWD_CLK/EZP_CLK) of the K64 processor.

pastedImage_8.png

pastedImage_9.png

DediProg Split Cable – Note Pin 3 – Orange is CS1 NOT MISO as shown in the picture

pastedImage_10.png

K64 Pinout for PT0 – PT4 lines which are used for EzPort with Reset Line

pastedImage_11.png

PTA0 (EZP_CLK) (pin 34 k64) is on pin 2 of J2 (2x10) -  Gray Wire on DediProg Split Cable
PTA1 (EZP_DI) (pin 35 k64) is on pin 8 of J1 (2x8)   Black Wire on DediProg Split Cable
PTA2 (EZP_DO) (pin 36 K64) is pin 12 j1 (2x8)   and   on pin 6 of SWD connector  - GREEN Wire on DediProg Split Cable

pastedImage_12.png

Reset Line (pin 52 on K64) is on pin 6 of J3 (2x8)  - red wire on DediProg Split Cable

Gnd are pins 12 and 14 on J3 (2x8) White on DediProg Split Cable

EZP_CS – which is also NMI line – PTA4 – connects to SW3

pastedImage_13.png

PTA4 (EZP_CS_B) (pin 38) is connected to SW3  - Orange Wire on DediProg Split Cable

Note: on rev D1 board/schematic – R75 is DNP (do not populate) – so should not be too hard for the SF600 programmer to pull PTA4 (EZ_CS) low with just a 0.1uF cap on the line.  Pulling the EZP_CS line low is how the K64 is put into EzPort mode.

On the K64, the SWD/JTAG pins and EzPort pins are multiplexed on the processor. The state of the EZP_CS signal is sampled at reset to determine whether the SWD/JTAG pin functions or the EzPort pin functions are enabled on the pins. If EZP_CS is high at reset, then SWD/JTAG functions are enabled on the pins. If EZP_CS is low at reset, then EzPORT pin functions are enabled.

pastedImage_14.png

pastedImage_15.png

Note: I’ve installed a wire on pin 1 of SW3 that connects to the Orange Wire on Split Cable – CS1

All the other signals were accessible via the Arduino connectors.

Below is what final wiring looks like.

Its a bit of a rats nest, but I've verified all the connections so pretty sure its NOT a broken connection problem.

pastedImage_17.png

pastedImage_16.png

DediProg Engineer Software Set up

These are the directions for EzPort Set up document.   I’ve followed them and tried various alternatives.  No option seems able to detect the part type – nor read the part’s memory.

1. 1.) Open DediProg Engineering software.
    1. a. Click on Detect and select Freescale part number – Note: No K64 part number but K61, K60 and K70 part numbers

Do I pick K61FN1M0 or MK64FN1M0 or K70FN1MO – which all seem to have 1M of flash? 

I picked MK61FN1MO  - DediProg has indicated this is a valid choice.

“Config->Miscellaneous Setting->SPI Clock Setting” to select SPI clock frequency according to your application system frequency.

Really don’t have an SPI clock – but I’ll pick 12MHZ – Note:  DediProg has indicated this choice is valid

1. 3.  Enable "Config->Batch Operations->Enable Freescale EzPort MCU & Send the DIV

value".

1. 4. Set the flash machine clock (FCLK) by the following procedure:
  2. A. If Fsys is greater than 25.6 MHz, PRDIV8 equals 1; otherwise, PRDIV8 equals 0.
  3. B. Determine DIV[5:0] by using the following equation. Keep only the integer portion of the result and discard any fraction. Do not round the result.

For proper program and erase operations, it is critical to set FCLK between150 kHz

and 200 kHz. Array damage due to overstress can occur when FCLK is less than 150

1. kHz. Incomplete programming and erasure can occur when FCLK is greater than 200
  2. kHz.

So lets try 22.5mhz (default internal clock of K64) / 400000 = 56 = 0x38  - DediProg did not confirm this value  - I picked 22.5 mhz because I assumed the K64’s internal clock is running the part at reset before any code initializes the clock registers.

Question  - What is the likely or default system clock rate of a K64 right after reset?

Enable DediProg Engineering software "Config->Batch Operations->Enable Freescale EzPort MCU & Send the DIV value" and fill out the DIV value.

1. 5. Load file and then click on “Batch”, EzPort will be enabled and software will program the

Freescale MCU according to Batch options.

1. 6. For Read command to return the correct data, the EzPort Clock (EZPCK) must run at no more than divide by eight of the internal system clock.

Results

When I hit detect button in software, DediProg does NOT detect part type. It seems to try to reset board, but it doesn’t seem to recognize K64 part. 

When I manually input K61, K60 or K70 part, I still can’t read K64 memory. 

10/13/2015

Installed new beta software – no change really

All attempts to identify the chip fail.

I’ve also tried the edit button (read the chip) but they also fail.

Question  - What is the likely or default system clock rate of a K64 right after reset?

If anybody has had any luck getting this DediProg SP600 (or any other DediProg product) working with a Kinetis processor EzPort, please advise. 

I've contacted the manufacturer, but so far I've only gotten a new version of beta software which hasn't resolved the problem.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies