Can QSPI1 & QSPI0 be active at the same time?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can QSPI1 & QSPI0 be active at the same time?

Jump to solution
taliazmanov
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm currently working on an application that runs on a Vybrid MPU.

The application uses QSPI0 for the NOR FLASH access, and QSPI for a serial SRAM (NO1S830HA) access.

Both interfaces have to be active at the same time,

and as far as I've seen in your demo examples (configurations : svf522revb_m4, svf522revb_a5,twrvf65gs10_a5 and twrvf65gs10_m4) this option is disabled by software.

Since we are currently experiencing problems in the testing, I would have like to know whether this mode of operation is possible,

and if so - under which circumstances and what needs to be done in order to ensure its proper functioning.

Thanks in advance,

Tali

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Tali,

Are you developing for Linux, or MQX?

Thank you,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
taliazmanov
Contributor I

Hi,

I’m developing for MQX 4.0.2.

Thanks,

Tali

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Which version of the Vybrid processor are you developing for? VF6, or VF5? Is this evaluation hardware, or a custom design?

Thank you,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
taliazmanov
Contributor I

Hi,

The Vybrid version is vF5, and this is a custom design board.

Regards,

Tali.

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tail,

Can you describe the behavior you are facing? As I see, there should not be any issue when using both  QSPI modules. They are mapped to different memory locations.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
taliazmanov
Contributor I

Hi Alejandro,

The behaviour I’m seeing is different performance results in read operations when working in a standalone single-core configuration,

Where the driver is a single task running on M4 only, and is based on your svf522revb_m4 example that comes with the Vybrid MQX 4.1 s/w,

With only QSPI1 enabled and active,

Where the results for reading a 64 bytes block were fixed on 47 microseconds,

And our application configuration, which is a dual core (with A5 active also) where the QSPI1 driver is implemented as the highest priority pre-emptive task,

And the QSPI0 is used for the NOR-FLASH (where the code is located) which is being accessed by A5.

In the application configuration (dual core, dual QSPI i/f’s) I’ve got inconsistent results for the read operation in the range of 360-590 microsec.,

Which suggest that the read operation, although implemented as a highest priority pre-emptive task, was interrupted by another event/s.

I’ve checked in the QSPI example drivers that come with the Vybrid MQX 4.1 s/w, and saw that in all of them,

The option of both i/f’s (QSPI0 & QSPI1) active at the same time is disabled by s/w ( please see BSP_QUADSPI_MEMORY_CHANNEL flag),

And wondered whether that could be the reason.

Looking forward to your answer,

Thanks,

Tali

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tali,

I have checked the latest MQX realease 4.2 and I have not found the BSP_QUADSPI_MEMORY_CHANNEL flag/macro.

Have you tried the newest version?

/Alejandro

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

taliazmanov​ did you get previous update?

0 Kudos
taliazmanov
Contributor I

Hi, not sure what you mean by previous update

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

I mean the  comment  from Alejandro.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

alejandrolozano​ do you have an update?

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport​ can you help to review this case?

0 Kudos