cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing drivers for USBDM under Win7 64 bit

Jump to solution
uribendelac
Contributor III

I installed OpenSDAv1.sx on a FRDM-KL25Z board, and installed the USBDM driver 1.3.0, using USBDM_Drivers_1_3_0_Win_x64.msi installer on my Win7 64 PC. When I plug in the FRDM-KL25Z board, Windows fails to find suitable drivers for it, even if I manually direct it to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\pgo\USBDM Drivers 1.3.0\Drivers" directory. I have noticed that the FRDM-KL25Z firmware identifies as a VID/PID of 16D0/06A5, while the "USBDMSerial.inf" file uses the values 16D0/0567, so I modified the PID to 06A5 and then installing the CDC part of the USB composite driver succeeds. However, the USBDM specific part still fails. Possibly related, I saw that in the file "usbdm.rules" found online as part of USBDM software for Linux specifies that "Note: HEX numbers must be lower case - yes really!!!!", yet a line below for adding the 16D0/06A5 combination still uses a capital A for 06A5.

Any idea how to proceed with installing drivers for the USBDM on FRDM-KL25Z?

Thanks,

Uri

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Uri,

I suspect you are using old drivers with new firmware.

Please make sure that you are using the firmware from the latest version (installed in the FlashImages directory with USBDM_4_12_1_30_Win.msi)  with the drivers from the latest version USBDM_Drivers_4_12_1_Win_x64.msi​ .

The PID/VID number had to be changed with the signing of the drivers.

If this doesn't fix the problem please re-post and I will have another look.

In particular, please post information on

• What version of USBM (and the firmware being used)
  • What version of driver

I will look at the Linux files but they are obviously not relevant to WIN.

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Uri,

I suspect you are using old drivers with new firmware.

Please make sure that you are using the firmware from the latest version (installed in the FlashImages directory with USBDM_4_12_1_30_Win.msi)  with the drivers from the latest version USBDM_Drivers_4_12_1_Win_x64.msi​ .

The PID/VID number had to be changed with the signing of the drivers.

If this doesn't fix the problem please re-post and I will have another look.

In particular, please post information on

• What version of USBM (and the firmware being used)
  • What version of driver

I will look at the Linux files but they are obviously not relevant to WIN.

bye

0 Kudos
uribendelac
Contributor III

Hi PGO,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, indeed I was apparently using outdated drivers. It seems to work perfectly well with the correct drivers, thanks!

Uri

0 Kudos