Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using JTAG with the i.MX 6UltraLite EVK

Jump to solution
richardyearsley
Contributor I

Hello,

I've been given an i.MX 6UltraLite EVK board by a colleague to be modified for use with JTAG. The 'i.MX 6UltraLite EVK Board Hardware User’s Guide' (page 14) states: Remove R1407, R1431~R1434 resistors while using JTAG debug. However, the PCB does not have silk-screen designators for these components, so I don't know which ones to remove. I've searched your website for SCH-28616 to at least find the schematic, but this produces no results other than the user guide. There are board layout files for the duaghter-board which show all the designators on that board, but nothing for the mother-board (700-28616 REVB).

Please could you give me a link to download the files for the mother-board so that I can make these modifications?

Many thanks,

Richard Yearsley

Senior Hardware Design Engineer

ARM Ltd.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Richard

SCH-28616 and layout files can be found on MCIMX6UL-EVK:

i.MX6ULtraLite Evaluation Kit product page

Schematics (1)

Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files. (REV 0)

ZIP (9.9 MB) MCIMX6UL-EVK_DESIGNFILES

i.MX6ULtraLite Evaluation Kit|Freescale

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Richard

SCH-28616 and layout files can be found on MCIMX6UL-EVK:

i.MX6ULtraLite Evaluation Kit product page

Schematics (1)

Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files. (REV 0)

ZIP (9.9 MB) MCIMX6UL-EVK_DESIGNFILES

i.MX6ULtraLite Evaluation Kit|Freescale

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
richardyearsley
Contributor I

Thank you Igor.

I'd already looked at those files, but I must have missed the right folder.

Richard

0 Kudos
atmaprakashpand
Contributor I

Hi Richard,

I am also working on the i.MX 6 ULtraLite EVK (MCIMX6UL-EVK). I am using processor expert tool for building my code. I have successfully compiled the hello world code using arm cross tool chain. Now, I want to run my code on baremetal(with out using linux). I came to know that we need to use jtag debugger from jlink for running the code on baremetal. I have few questions regarding this.

1) Could you please let me know what is the jlink model (is it jlink EDU?) you are using for debugging?

2) If I don't want to use jlink debugger, Can I use either Debug USB port(J1901) or USB OTG port(J1102) to run the .elf file.

Thanks

Atma

0 Kudos