Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS- Processor expert question

Jump to solution
jayanthvasisht
Contributor II

Hi,

I am new to frdm-kl26z development. I could run the demo examples given on the website and understand the flow.

I created a new project using processor expert. Assigned gpio's to the required switch and also to the LED's.

I could compile the code without any problem but when I ran the code and hit the debug points, I could see it was not entering those debug points. couldn't figure out the reason.

I have attached my project files . Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. I tried a lot to figure it out but it was in vain.

Original Attachment has been moved to: mesg_project.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jayanth,

Looking at your project I had to make a couple modifications to have it work on the FRDM-KL26Z.

First SW1 switch when pressed pulls the signal low.  I setup the PTC3 to have pull-up and for interrupt to be on negative edge.

Second to output to a COM Port, your fsl_debug_console was setup to use UART1.  I changed to UART0 pins PTA1 and PTA2 to allow using the OpenSDA virtual COM Port to see the debug_printf();

Your configuration has PTC3 with pull-down and interrupting on a low level which was always the cause so you were getting stuck in the ISR forever.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

7 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I can confirm that you project builds and debugs just fine on the FRDM-KL25Z.

It would be helpful if you could provide an details about what is not working on your end.

One important question to begin with: have you changed the firmware of the board to either P&E or Segger?

If not, have a look at Illustrated Step-by-Step Instructions: Updating the Freescale Freedom Board Firmware | MCU on Eclips...

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
jayanthvasisht
Contributor II

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using P & E debugger. To add on to the details, In the project folder which I sent, I have put a debug statement on main.c, Whenever I run the code, I don't see the debug message getting printed on my tera term console which I have configured following the free scale document. It's get stuck at PE_low_level_init()

function and never comes of it. I couldn't figure out the exact reason.

I ran the demo program and modified it for better understanding, it was working fine which means by tera terminal configuration is alright.

I have a doubt if I am correctly creating the project. Could please share any project which would help me to understand in a better way or any video link should also be fine. Thanks in advance Eric.

Regards

Jayanth BR

0 Kudos
jayanthvasisht
Contributor II

Also, adding on to the above reply. I have updated firmware according to the link which you sent before setting up the project i.e. when I started running demo programs.

Regards

Jayanth BR

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jayanth,

Looking at your project I had to make a couple modifications to have it work on the FRDM-KL26Z.

First SW1 switch when pressed pulls the signal low.  I setup the PTC3 to have pull-up and for interrupt to be on negative edge.

Second to output to a COM Port, your fsl_debug_console was setup to use UART1.  I changed to UART0 pins PTA1 and PTA2 to allow using the OpenSDA virtual COM Port to see the debug_printf();

Your configuration has PTC3 with pull-down and interrupting on a low level which was always the cause so you were getting stuck in the ISR forever.

Regards,

David

jayanthvasisht
Contributor II

Hi David,

Thanks a lot :smileyhappy: ..I will change the settings asap and update it here. thanks for your valuable time

Regards

Jayanth BR

0 Kudos
jayanthvasisht
Contributor II

Hi David,

I tested it, works fine as expected. Thanks a lot :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You are welcome.  Glad it is working.