Did you mean: 

KDS 3.0.0 debug to find runtime.

Jump to solution
josol
Contributor III

Hi. I want to get some advises.

I am using K64F with KDS ver 3.0.0  and making using of GDB OpenOCD debugging

I want to know that it is possible to measure runtimes of code prosecution

because i need a real time to execute some codes.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

CodeWarrior comes with a built-in trace viewer and support for hardware trace while something like this is not present in KDS.

I recommend you check if gcov can help. see Erich's article:

Code Coverage with gcov, launchpad tools and Eclipse Kinetis Design Studio V3.0.0 | MCU on Eclipse

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

CodeWarrior comes with a built-in trace viewer and support for hardware trace while something like this is not present in KDS.

I recommend you check if gcov can help. see Erich's article:

Code Coverage with gcov, launchpad tools and Eclipse Kinetis Design Studio V3.0.0 | MCU on Eclipse

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For runtime (time spent) you can have a look at using gprof:

Tutorial: Using GNU Profiling (gprof) with ARM Cortex-M | MCU on Eclipse

Erich

0 Kudos
josol
Contributor III

thank you very much

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you are welcome!

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos