Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Installion Issue in Android Lollipop 5.0.2

Jump to solution
anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am into an application development which is similar to su application but an enhanced version of su. So before testing the application,I wanted to check whether the application installation is working fine in Android Lollipop with pm command. Unfortunately I am getting "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_URI] " error.

I had initially tried with downloading third party apps and installing them with the pm command. Also I have enabled the option to allow apps from unknown source under Security . Since I was getting the same error,I tried to built the apk for the sample application within the Android BSP. But there also I am getting similiar issue.

I made sure the APK is not corrupted,because it is being installed in my mobile with Android Lollipop 5.1 successfully. Also I tried to install the same APK with pm command from kitkat terminal .Here also the app got installed succesfully.

I made a lame try to replace the working pm utility of kitkat and give a try on Lollipop, no hope there too.

Anybody has successfully installed application using pm install in Android Lollipop 5.0.2?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Anjali,

on line 23 your LogCat file is W/asset   ( 1232): Asset path /WiFiDirectActivity.apk is neither a directory nor file (type=1).

Your apk is stored on /data/WiFiDirectActivity.apk bu you call Package manager with path /WiFiDirectActivity.apk. Please try to call Package manager with this command # pm install /data/WiFiDirectActivity.apk

Michal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjalik,

have you tried to change permissions of /data/local to rwxrwxrwx ? This issue is on most rooted Android devices.

Michal

0 Kudos
anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Michal,

I had tried with changing the permission of /data/local to

rwxrwxrwx. Still I was getting the error.

I tried with adb install . This worked and now I am able to

install all kind of apps.

But what is the wrong with pm install is still unknown.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos
mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Anjali,

can you provide Logcat output please?

Michal

0 Kudos
anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Michal,

Attaching the log file along with the mail.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

0 Kudos
mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Anjali,

on line 23 your LogCat file is W/asset   ( 1232): Asset path /WiFiDirectActivity.apk is neither a directory nor file (type=1).

Your apk is stored on /data/WiFiDirectActivity.apk bu you call Package manager with path /WiFiDirectActivity.apk. Please try to call Package manager with this command # pm install /data/WiFiDirectActivity.apk

Michal

0 Kudos
anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Michal,

Thanks a lot . pm install /data/WiFiDirectActivity.apk worked well.

But I have a doubt. If I am moving inside /data/ directory where the

apk file is stored,then issuing the command as pm install

WiFiDirectActivity.apk*, *then the path should be just fine right? .

Why I need to go out of the /data/ and issue the command as you

mentioned. Just anxious to know the working trick.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali.

mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Anjali,

Package Manager needs full path to the *.apk file. Or OS is not able to complete full path behind *.apk file.

Michal

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks a lot, Michal Susen, I'm sure this will help other community users as well!

0 Kudos
anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the explanation. Really helpful .

Regards,

Anjali

mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Anjali,

If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It can help other community members.

Thank you!

Michal

0 Kudos