HSYNC - normal polarity and edge triggered?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSYNC - normal polarity and edge triggered?

Jump to solution
benhenricksen
Contributor III

I've been going through the IMX6 manual and can't find a definitive statement of how HSYNC works on the CSI parallel inputs.

Is the normal polarity "High"? (I know you can invert with CSIx_HSYNC_POL, but which is it normally?)

Is the hsync triggered by the rising edge? Does it care how long it is high for?      And consequently if we had a positive going HRef signal (i.e. it stays high for all of the line's active data), would this still work?

Just trying to get a UYVY camera going on the parallel input. Based on some OV5640 example from eConSystems. Hoping to use Gstreamer once it's working.

Thanks.

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi benhenricksen

hsync is triggered by the rising edge as described below, its polarity is high,

no matter how long it is high

Re: IPU v3 CSI0, HSYNC and DATA_EN questions in gated clock mode.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi benhenricksen

hsync is triggered by the rising edge as described below, its polarity is high,

no matter how long it is high

Re: IPU v3 CSI0, HSYNC and DATA_EN questions in gated clock mode.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
benhenricksen
Contributor III

Thanks for the clarification Igor.

We now have video on screen!

0 Kudos