error in code-warrior stating:Vector allocated at absolute address , overlaps with sections placed in segment

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in code-warrior stating:Vector allocated at absolute address , overlaps with sections placed in segment

nishilraj
Contributor I

i am a new bee to the freescale family. i have installed code warrior and trying to run the code in simulator. it was all good and i was able to carry out debugging etc.

but when i tried copying the code from the example program i ended up getting this particular error.

Description Resource Path Location Type Vector allocated at absolute address 0xDFFE overlaps with sections placed in segment .absSeg0 201510081600 C/C++ Problem 

please also look into this discission L1119: Vector allocated at absolute address 0xFFFE overlaps with sections placed in segment .absSeg2 

they specify a particular file called the PRM file te the above discussion can i know wat actually is this file and where it is located.

thanks in advance for your valuable time and support.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Reply

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

When an application is build 2 operations are done (this is true for all architectures):

- compile all source files and generate object files,

- merge all objects in 1 executable file (debug and Srecord files are generated) according to the linker parameter file.

For HC08 and HC12 the linker parameter file is named prm file and uses prm as extension for instance "test.prm".

This file should be located under your project.

I recommend to perform a search with "*.prm".

In all case this file should be listed somewhere in your project too via the project IDE.

If you've a linker error L1119, it means the same address is used 2 times in your application.

Most of the time the default project includes vector table and all peripheral definitions.

If the objects are defined a second time, the linker generates this type of error.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------