cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making boot mode for IMX6D board

srinivasaporam
Contributor II

Hi,

We  have got a customized IMX6D board based on IMX6 reference design which has come just after assembly.  We have made boot configuration(register maps) as per the reference design circuit/schematics and only provided two switches (boot_mode_1  & boot_mode_0).

based on boot_mode_1 and boot_mode_0 positions , our modes are defined like as below:

1. boot_mode_1=0 and boot_mode_0=1 , then serial downloader/USB-OTG

2.boot_mode_1=1 and boot_mode_0=0 , then SD Card boot

like that 2-4  more options are there, but we are mainly interested in usb/otg or SD card mode.

Now, my query is since the board has come just after assembly, will it work if i set only boot_mode_1 & boot_mode_0 in respective positions or do i need to burn efuses.

If i need to burn the efuses and then only after setting boot-mode_1 & boot_mode_0 switches will make me to land to correct boot device, then how to burn efuses. What is the simplest tool to do it. any help document available???

Please help...

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The serial boot loader mode is working (for BOOT_MODE = 11) in any case.

But please be familiar with SD / MMC Manufacture mode, that may be called

before applying  serial (USB) boot. Please look at section 8.11 (SD/MMC Manufacture

Mode) of the  IMX6SDLRM (Rev. 2, 04/2015) for details. It is supported in i.MX6SDL

and i.MX6SL. However, it is not available on i.MX6DQ.

As for fuse burn  please look at the following :

“Q&A: How to program i.MX6 eFUSE?”

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95458

Section 4 (Blow SRK_HASH fuse) of

“Mx6 HAB (High Assurance Boot)”

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-96451

In MFG script file ucl2.xml, you can see the below commands to write OTP (as an example) :

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ ls -la /sys/fsl_otp ">Showing HW_OCOTP fuse bank</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 0x00006200 > /sys/fsl_otp/HW_OCOTP_GP1">

write 0x00006200 to HW_OCOTP_GP1 fuse bank

</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ cat /sys/fsl_otp/HW_OCOTP_GP1">Read value from HW_OCOTP_GP1 fuse bank</CMD>

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

srinivasaporam
Contributor II

And also to efuses such that boot mode device is SD3

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As for "boot mode device is SD3" - please create SR,

and attach there schematic of SD part.

Regards,

Yuri.