cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using KDSK and Processor Expert

Jump to solution
tomtalkington
Contributor III

I have installed KDS 3.0 with the update patch and KDSK 1.3.  I have created a project using Processor Expert to test my new hardware.  No issues.  PE is a very nice tool.  I would now like to take it to the next step and incorporate KDSK so that I can use MQX, the USB Stack and file system.  My board has USB and SDHD on it.  Can someone point me to documentation that explains how KDSK and PE work together.   It appears that PE does not (fully) configure KDSK middleware so I assume that some KDSK features must be added to the project manually.  I am also confused about the use of the PE LDDs and the KDSK peripheral drivers (fsl).   I have found documentation in KDS regarding this subject but it barely even scratches the surface.  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tom,

From KSDK and PEx integration perspective - PEx is configuration tool for KSDK. In PEx you should get the same functionality as in KSDK + PEX helper features (Gui overview, validations, timing validation, pin routing, etc). Regarding middle-ware: Pex supports all RTOSes + partly USB stack integration (USBHS, MSD (Device), HID Classes). Details in attached documents.

In case some component is missing, you need to add the sources into project manually. In all cases you can also follow KSDK example/demo projects.

Unfortunately as far as I know currently there is no plan to any middle-ware extension in PEx in future.

Mixing LDD and SDK components together is not supported. In NPW when you unselect KSDK you will be able to create LDD project when particular MCU is supported for this option.

Note: all attached documents are from PEx for KSDK 1.3.0

best regards

Vojtech Filip

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tom,

When you create project , please select the KSDK and PE,   then you can use the KSDK+PE.

pastedImage_0.png

Does this can help you ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tom,

From KSDK and PEx integration perspective - PEx is configuration tool for KSDK. In PEx you should get the same functionality as in KSDK + PEX helper features (Gui overview, validations, timing validation, pin routing, etc). Regarding middle-ware: Pex supports all RTOSes + partly USB stack integration (USBHS, MSD (Device), HID Classes). Details in attached documents.

In case some component is missing, you need to add the sources into project manually. In all cases you can also follow KSDK example/demo projects.

Unfortunately as far as I know currently there is no plan to any middle-ware extension in PEx in future.

Mixing LDD and SDK components together is not supported. In NPW when you unselect KSDK you will be able to create LDD project when particular MCU is supported for this option.

Note: all attached documents are from PEx for KSDK 1.3.0

best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos