Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable ethernet connection for the RTCS examples

Jump to solution
samuelboivineau
Contributor III

Hello,

I have used the RTCS examples as base for working, and tried to get the httpsrv and the nshell working, but without success for both projects :

- I am using the tower twrk64f120m + TWR_SER with the jumpers correctly set

- I can ping from a computer to the board but get between 25 and 100% of packets lost

- I cannot ping from the board (request timed out)

- Sometimes (1 over 10 times), I can get from firefox the web page for the httpsrv example.

Since I have received this board from a partner, I have never suceeded for the ethernet part with it. So I suspect a hardware issue. Does anyone have heard about a similar issue where the ethernet connection seems to be very unstable ?

Does anyone know how I could test the hardware ?

By the way, I am using the KSDK 1.2.0

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I suggest you check the jump settings in your board.

When the K64 Etherent MAC is operating in RMII mode, synchronization of the MCU clock and the 50 Mhz RMII transfer clock is important. The MCU input clock must be kept in phase with the 50 Mhz clock supplied to the external PHY. Therefore, the TWR-k64F120m provides the option to clock the MCU from an external clock from CLKIN0 pin on the Primary Connector.

Please check the Ethernet operation jumper settings

TWR-K64F120M:   J32--on,  J33-off

TWR-SER              J2: 3-4         J3 2-3   J11  9-10

Have a nice day,
Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I suggest you check the jump settings in your board.

When the K64 Etherent MAC is operating in RMII mode, synchronization of the MCU clock and the 50 Mhz RMII transfer clock is important. The MCU input clock must be kept in phase with the 50 Mhz clock supplied to the external PHY. Therefore, the TWR-k64F120m provides the option to clock the MCU from an external clock from CLKIN0 pin on the Primary Connector.

Please check the Ethernet operation jumper settings

TWR-K64F120M:   J32--on,  J33-off

TWR-SER              J2: 3-4         J3 2-3   J11  9-10

Have a nice day,
Daniel

0 Kudos
samuelboivineau
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I hadn't set correctly the J32/J33 jumpers, so your analyse seems to be correct, the clock was not in phase, and was creating some instability in the connection. Now I have a ping with 0% of packet loss, and the web server is fully responding.

By the way, there must be an error in your answer, it's the J12 and not J11 that must be set to 9-10. I had already this jumper set anyway.

Thanks for your help !

Samuel

0 Kudos
samuelboivineau
Contributor III

And here is a trace from wireshark.

Unstable_eth.png

We can see that 192.168.1.203 (my computer) tries to connect (SYN) with the board (192.168.1.202) that answers but with a RST ACK...

And the ARP requests are not always answered, like what I was seeing with the ping test.

0 Kudos