Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure MQX for dual core with MPC5668G

Jump to solution
hbouch
Contributor III

Hi,

We are using MQX 4.1 (which as a BSP for the MPC5668) and CodeWarrior 10.5. We would like to use the second core (e200z0) for CAN and Ethernet communication.

My question is how to configure MQX to use both cores and assigning hardware devices to a particular core?

Thanks for helping us!

HB.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hugo,

you are right, MQX does not support second core e200z0. And it is not possible to modify the MQX to support the second core. The only way how to run MQX on both cores is to use two independent MQX images.

Dual core support has been implemented only on MPC5675K because there are two identical e200z7 cores. Only single MQX image was used and there were two RAM areas for each core. MMU unit was used to re-map the RAM virtual addresses, so data area for each core was virtually placed at the same RAM address (this is important if you want to use single MQX flash image).

e200z0 does not have MMU, so it is not possible to implemented it in the same way on MPC5668G.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hbouch
Contributor III

Hello Lukas,

Thanks for your answer. The thing is that I think MQX is not supporting the second core (e200z0) of the MPC5668G. I guess I wasn't clear enough. My mistake.

So my question should be how to modify MQX to make it support the second core.

Regards,

Hugo

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hugo,

you are right, MQX does not support second core e200z0. And it is not possible to modify the MQX to support the second core. The only way how to run MQX on both cores is to use two independent MQX images.

Dual core support has been implemented only on MPC5675K because there are two identical e200z7 cores. Only single MQX image was used and there were two RAM areas for each core. MMU unit was used to re-map the RAM virtual addresses, so data area for each core was virtually placed at the same RAM address (this is important if you want to use single MQX flash image).

e200z0 does not have MMU, so it is not possible to implemented it in the same way on MPC5668G.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I'm not real expert but as far as I know, you need to have two MQX images - one for each core. It is not possible to use single MQX image on two cores.

Then use multi-core communication MCC to share data and so on...

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos