cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding wl12xx drivers to yocto 3.14.28 release for i.mx6sl

jayakumar2
Contributor V

Hi,

I've been using the yocto 3.14.28 release on a i.mx6sl board and things look good. I'm now trying to add wifi. I've just noticed that there's no wl12xx drivers in this version of the kernel.

test@test-VirtualBox:~/yocto_3.14.28-1.0.1/build/tmp/work/imx6slevk-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/git$ ls drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx

ls: cannot access drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx: No such file or directory

test@test-VirtualBox:~/yocto_3.14.28-1.0.1/build/tmp/work/imx6slevk-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/git$ ls drivers/staging/wl12*

ls: cannot access drivers/staging/wl12*: No such file or directory

I was curious if this was an already solved problem before I start trying to work on it. By the way, would the right way to solve this be to create a new yocto board specific layer? Eg: meta-myboard with a recipe for wl12xx that pulls from the source tree and then rebuilds the driver against the kernel tree in working?

My current plan is to make a recipe around the script done by TI. WL12xx NLCP Build Instructions - Texas Instruments Wiki

Thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jaya

seems some efforts for integration wl12xx were done for nitrogen6x boundary tree, so one can post it there

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2014-August/010095.html

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos