MPX2010GP и Перхлорэтилен С2CL4 (тетрахлорэтилен)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPX2010GP и Перхлорэтилен С2CL4 (тетрахлорэтилен)

artem_i_rubin
Contributor I

Здравствуйте! Скажите пожалуйста, можно ли использовать датчик MPX2010GP для измерения уровня растворителя - Перхлорэтилена? Химическая формула растворителя - С2CL4 (тетрахлорэтилен). Растворитель датчика касаться не будет, на датчик будут воздействовать только пары растворителя.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Artem,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Sensors products and for the opportunity to serve you.

Please be advised, that for all NXP standard pressure sensor products, any environment other than dry air, will have some impact on the reliability and lifetime of the product. NXP's silicon pressure sensors are NOT compatible with oil, gas, petrol and water or water vapors, or chemicals.

In any case, the use of our pressure sensors in hazardous areas applications being e.g. explosive, our sensor in such an application carries some legal responsibility if something goes wrong which causes property damage or harm to a person...!  As such, I think we would demand a letter to relieve us of any responsibility for accidents associated with this application.

As for the "Level of reliability, Lifetime, Mean Time Between Failure", our data is for dry air only (as specified in the datasheet).
A determination must be made if this impact is acceptable for the application.

Possible solutions to use our sensors in applications with other media than dry air:
Besides the mechanical stresses to the inside of the package, there would also be a need to evaluate stresses the hardening/ed material induce on the outside of the package. To minimize these, a low stress encapsulant should be used. And, of course, any recalibration/autozeroing of the device after a point of potential stress induction would be highly recommended and could alleviate any mechanical stress concerns if done before a measurement (and the temp delta's are minimal during the readings).

I would like refer to the following application note that would be worth to be considered in addition to the provided information.
AN3728: Media Compatibility for IPS PRT Pressure Sensors
http://www.nxp.com/files/sensors/doc/app_note/AN3728.pdf
In this application at page# 3, you can see that we have tested a couple of medias, mainly on parts having media resistant gel, but we cannot give a guarantee about the long term reliability of these devices under these conditions.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Artem,

Can you please share your question in English also, so we can help.

0 Kudos