KDS debugging doesn't terminate existing connection automatically when new session starts

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS debugging doesn't terminate existing connection automatically when new session starts

Jump to solution
petershih
Contributor III

I have a question regarding KDS IDE. We have been using CW 10.6 to develop many application already. When debugging at CW, if a new source code is compiled and ready to be downloaded to the target, the CW will shows a warning message and able to automatically terminate the existing connection and start the new one. When I switch to KDS for debugging, it always give me "No Device Available" error. I have to "Abort" twice, switch to "Debug" perspective to terminate the existing connection.

83437_83437.jpgpastedImage_0.jpg

Do I have any way to set it automatically terminate the existing connection and start the new connection right away? Thanks your help!

Peter Shih

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

The bad news first: the P&E launch configuration in Eclipse does not support that functionality.

In CodeWarrior, this is handled by the custom debugger engine, and CodeWarrior is not using GDB.

KDS is using GDB, and here it is up to the launch configuration plugin: it could check if there is already a session running.

This actually is the case for the J-Link connection:

pastedImage_0.png

But so far P&E does not support such a thing yet. My hope is that an upcoming release could have this implemented too.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

The bad news first: the P&E launch configuration in Eclipse does not support that functionality.

In CodeWarrior, this is handled by the custom debugger engine, and CodeWarrior is not using GDB.

KDS is using GDB, and here it is up to the launch configuration plugin: it could check if there is already a session running.

This actually is the case for the J-Link connection:

pastedImage_0.png

But so far P&E does not support such a thing yet. My hope is that an upcoming release could have this implemented too.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
petershih
Contributor III

Thank you very much!

Peter

0 Kudos