AnsweredAssumed Answered

Utasker USB-MSD with TWR K60F120M

Question asked by William Carlisle on Oct 6, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 9, 2015 by Mark Butcher

I am having issues getting the USB-MSD functionality of the Utasker bootloader going. I am using KDS with a PE debugger.

I have tried several different configurations and the K60 always shows up as "unknown device".

I have followed the gobs of documentation spaghetti, and twisted myself into knots trying to figure this out.

I have gotten the serial interface to work, and can view the menu and send commands.

The documentation for this link, page 15 is where I am at.

http://www.utasker.com/docs/uTasker/uTaskerSerialLoader.PDF

What I am stuck at now is:

In Loader.h there are three defines that configure the USB-MSD boot loader operation:

#define ROOT_FILE_ENTRIES 4 // when USB MSD loader, this many directory

entries are set to the start of FLASH -

the application start is shifted by this

amount x 32 bytes

#define ENABLE_READBACK // allow USB to transfer present application to PC

#define READ_PASSWORD "enable file read from the device by dragging this file

to the disk" // password with maximum length of 512 bytes

Funny thing is when I am using the "uTaskerV1.4_FLASH" build configuration, Loader.h is not available.

When I use "UtaskerSerialLoader_FLASH" build configuration, there is no define for USB_MSD:

#if defined DEVICE_WITHOUT_USB

#define NUMBER_USB     0                                             // no physical queue needed

#else

#define USB_INTERFACE                                                // enable USB driver interface

#if defined USB_INTERFACE

#define HID_LOADER                                               // Freescale HIDloader.exe or KBOOT compatible

#define KBOOT_HID_LOADER                                     // select KBOOT mode of operation

#undef _NO_CHECK_QUEUE_INPUT

//#define USB_HOST_SUPPORT

#if !defined HID_LOADER

#define SUPPORT_FLUSH                                        // allow flush command to be used (important for mass storage class)

#endif

I have been round and round with this so-called "out of the box bootloader" far too long, and any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes