Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[gstreamer] vpudec drops lots of frames

jordan38
Contributor II

Hi community,

The setup is the following:

rootfs built with yocto daisy, and MACHINE is imx6dlsabresd.conf, linux kernel is 3.10.53.

I'm using the following Gstreamer pipeline to watch multicast stream on UDP:

gst-launch udpsrc uri=udp://239.1.1.1:1235 ! "video/mpegts, systemstream=(boolean)true, packetsize=(int)188" ! aiurdemux streaming-latency=2000 name=NAME.AIURDEMUX NAME.AIURDEMUX. ! queue2 max-size-time=0 ! vpudec low-latency=false framedrop=true framedrop-level-mask=0 framerate-nu=25 ! imxv4l2sink --gst-debug=vpudec:4

After undeterminate delay, I receive lots of vpudec message :

0:15:47.678340446 10914   0xdadf20 INFO      vpudec vpudec.c:1791:vpudec_process_qos: change drop level from 0 to 3f

0:15:47.717673780 10914   0xdadf20 INFO      vpudec vpudec.c:1791:vpudec_process_qos: change drop level from 3f to 0

At this time, onn the screen I see that lots of frames are missing, so the video quality is bad and Gstreamer can't get back in stable state.

Do you have solution?

Best Regads,

Jordan

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Looks like, we have a performance issue in the case. Perhaps the system is overloaded.

It make sense  to try the recent BSP L.3.14.38

http://www.freescale.com/products/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-processors-based-on-arm-cores/i.m...

Also, please take a look at the following thread regarding memory leakage.

“iMX6 GStreamer Memory Leak”

https://community.freescale.com/thread/376166

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos