AnsweredAssumed Answered

Int Unexpected ISR not outputting?

Question asked by Sean MacKay on Sep 30, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 by Sean MacKay

Hello,

I'm using MQX 4.2 and CodeWarrior 10.6.4 with a Kinetis K64F Freedom board and an IAR systems J-link. My code for some reason seems to be throwing an interrupt during some string operations (like scanf() to parse a string), which causes my main task to throw an MQX_UNHANDLED_INTERRUPT (0x00000041) error.

I've tried using int_install_unexpected_isr() to install the int_unexpected_isr() and output information about this unhandled interrupt. However, I don't see any output either on the console in codewarrior during debugging, nor in the output from the ttyd over a virtual com port on my PCs terminal window.

I could try and install an exception handler like int_exception_isr() as described here (General Technical MQX FAQ)) but that's a fair bit more complicated, and I'm not sure exactly what that would entail.  This post (Unhandled Interrupt ) shows an example implementation but I'm not sure it's up to date.

So the question is really this: What is the best way to track down the source of an unhandled interrupt?

thanks,

Sean

Outcomes