In MQX, how do you determine which LW Semaphore is blocked?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In MQX, how do you determine which LW Semaphore is blocked?

dave408
Senior Contributor II

I guess the title says it all.  :smileyhappy:

I can certainly do the investigative work to track which LW Semaphore is getting blocked by looking for sequential calls to OSA_SemaWait, but since the MQX task-aware debugging plugin can tell me that a task is stuck waiting on a blocked LW semaphore, why doesn't it tell me which one?  It would be such a time saver!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dave

I tested the demo   C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\examples\lwsem, as you said, I can see that one task is stuck waiting on a blocked lw semaphore.

I think it is a good idea to show the blocked semaphore.

But when you show the light weight semaphores, you can know the waiting semaphore, see the below picture.

lwsem.jpg

Regards

Daniel

dave408
Senior Contributor II

danielchen@fsl​ I was wrong!  I get a "Not installed" message when I check the LW message queue and LW semaphore windows.  Do you have any suggestions for what I can do to install them?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

What's interesting is that I'm debugging another project at the moment, and now I do have Lightweight Semaphores enabled:

pastedImage_0.png

But now the annoying thing is that I have a problem where lwIP is blocked in a LW message queue, but as you can see in the image above, I can't view the message queues!

pastedImage_1.png

Does anyone have any suggestions about this?

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, Daniel!  I could have sworn that the last time I looked at that screen, the Symbol column was entirely empty.  I'll check it again the next time I get stuck!  :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos