AnsweredAssumed Answered

Linking in a Binary Blob

Question asked by Stefan McDaniel on Sep 28, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 by Stefan McDaniel

I'm implementing an encryption algorithm that requires a little more than 4K of initialization data to sit in the flash memory. I'm using Processor Expert with Eclipse CDT and the GNU GCC Toolchain.

I've managed to get my binary file converted to an object file of the right format and architecture. I've added my extern variables that refer to the symbols in that object file. The only issue that I'm having is that the linker step doesn't include my object file for the binary data. I'm guessing this is because a C source file doesn't exist in the Sources directory of the project. Here's what the invocation of the linker looks like:

'Invoking: Cross G++ Linker'

arm-none-eabi-g++ -nostartfiles -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m0 -T"C:/Users/Stefan/GaugeWorkspace/KE06ZBootStrapper/Project_Settings/Linker_Files/ProcessorExpert.ld" -o "KE06ZBootStrapper.elf"  ./Static_Code/System/CPU_Init.o ./Static_Code/System/Peripherals_Init.o ./Static_Code/System/Vectors.o  ./Sources/Events.o ./Sources/main.o ./Sources/s19Parser.o ./Sources/serialComm.o  ./Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup.o  ./Generated_Code/AS1.o ./Generated_Code/Bit1.o ./Generated_Code/Cpu.o ./Generated_Code/FLASH1.o ./Generated_Code/PE_LDD.o ./Generated_Code/Pins1.o ./Generated_Code/TU1.o  

From what I can tell it looks like the Processor Expert code handles the generation of the makefiles, and more importantly, the subdir.mk file in the Sources directory that lists what object files to use during the linker step above (at least I suspect the subdir.mk file is used for that).

Anyone have any suggestions for how to configure Processor Expert to add the object file that I'm generating during a pre-build step to that list of object files being passed to the linker?

Thanks!

Stefan

Outcomes