FRDMK64F Ping from a serial port - MQX example?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDMK64F Ping from a serial port - MQX example?

Jump to solution
TurboMan
Contributor IV

Having just got the serial to ethernet example working, I want to develop an application.

I'd like to do what the title suggests, which is pinging a web address from the serial port, and checking a reply. I can see that ICMP isenabled in the serial to ethernet demo, ideally, I'd like it to connect to a DHCP server too.

Would the TCP client example be better suited to start from?

As I understand it, it's easier to develop from an existing example (copying it first?) than create an MQX project from scratch, because the MQX project wizard doesn't exist for KDS - is this correct also?

I will investigate more myself but ideas are welcome :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TurboMan
Contributor IV

Ok, so I found a ping example in: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\lwip\lwip_ping_demo\ping_rtos\ping_mqx

If you have the software installed in the default locations of course. So import the WSD from the KDS folder, and tinker from there...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TurboMan
Contributor IV

Ok, so I found a ping example in: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\lwip\lwip_ping_demo\ping_rtos\ping_mqx

If you have the software installed in the default locations of course. So import the WSD from the KDS folder, and tinker from there...

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You can try using the  httpsrv example code or the shell example. For MQX 4.2 you can find the examples at the path: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\rtcs\examples

For MQX for KSDK the example codes are located at the path: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\middleware\tcpip\rtcs\examples

Regarding create a new project, yes it is easier to copy an existing project than create a new project from scratch.

You can find information about how to create a new MQX project in the below links:

For MQX for KSDK: How To: Create a New MQX RTOS for KSDK Project in KDS

For MQX 4.2: Creating a New MQX RTOS 4.2 project in KDS

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
TurboMan
Contributor IV

Thanks for the reply Soledad, it was helpful, but the main question was about the ping demo. I will try creating a project from scratch using those tutorials sometime,

regards,

Turboman :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos