cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K40X256 and TWR-K40D100M differences

Jump to solution
gjorgjipetkovsk
Contributor I

We have a project based on TWR-K40X256, and now we purchased TWR-K40D100M and want to use it. But the system doesn't work with just replacing two boards.

Could you please tell what is the basic difference between two systems, as we looked at the schematics and the MCUs are pin compatible.

What should be adjusted to use later system, TWR-K40D100M.

Thanks upfront.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gjorgji Petkovski:

The TWR-K40X256 uses an older version of the K40_100 MHz devices, while the TWR-K40D100M uses a new revision of silicon. All the differences between revisions 1.x and 2.x are explained in application note AN4445, together with the required software considerations.

When migrating to the new board the projects often fail during startup code, even before reaching main, so check the appnote and your code to see what is wrong. It might be easier and cleaner to start a fresh project for the correct target device and import the the required source/header files instead of patching the project.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have issues.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Gjorgji Petkovski:

The TWR-K40X256 uses an older version of the K40_100 MHz devices, while the TWR-K40D100M uses a new revision of silicon. All the differences between revisions 1.x and 2.x are explained in application note AN4445, together with the required software considerations.

When migrating to the new board the projects often fail during startup code, even before reaching main, so check the appnote and your code to see what is wrong. It might be easier and cleaner to start a fresh project for the correct target device and import the the required source/header files instead of patching the project.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have issues.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos