Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX K22 support

Jump to solution
yb
Contributor IV

Hi Freescalers,

Is the K22 supported by CodeWarrior + MQX 4.2 ?

The document MQX Roadmap says :

MQX RTOS 4.2 (Released May 5, 2015)

MCUs Supported

• Kinetis K-Series MCUs: K20, K21, K22, K24, K40, K53, K60, K64, K65, K70
  • Vybrid MCUs: VF6xx, VF5xx

General Updates

• MFS Updates – Multiple read/write support, improvements in directory & file search/seek, and general speed and code-size optimizations
  • New USB Stack (Select MCUs only) – Simplified API, improved performance, reduced memory footprint, composite device support, more robust Hub support
  • Driver Updates and Other Features
    • New TLSF memory allocator (optional) for higher determinism / lower fragmentation
  • RTCS Updates
    • New Features – Websockets, Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR), Secure webserver (HTTPs) example
    • Sockets API updated for improved Berkeley Sockets compatibility
    • New IPv6 protocols – DHCPv6 Client, Telnet Client, TFTP Client/Server, FTP Client [add-on for purchase]
    • CyaSSL TLS/SSL [free add-on for evaluation]

- I found errors in UART part (BSP) : K22FN512 and MQX UART (MUX and baudrate)

- No support for USB part : with the BSP Cloning tool, the USB lib is not generated (even not present in the Freescale_MQX_4_2\usb\host\build\cw10gcc directory).

So, is there a way to use this whole chip with MQX4.2 + CW ?

Yvan

PS : don't tell me about KDS...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yvan

Thank you for your feedback. I know your feelings.

I have discussed your question with my colleague. Unfortunately, there is no MQX BSP support for K22 in Codewarrior 10.6.  Now Freescale’s software strategy going forward is based on the Kinetis SDK. The supported IDE includes IAR,Keil , KDS and Atollic. But no Codewarrior. It means in the future, we will not integrate new features into Codewarrior.  I don't think you can use k22 with codewarrior and MQX. there are lots of work to do. Though you don't like KDS,  in fact, KDS is a replacement of Codewarrior for the new Kinetis devices. They are very similar. and it is free. If you wants to have a try, I suggest you use KDS 3.0.  there is a user guide in your installation folder. C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\doc.   

Of course you can choose IAR or Keil.

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yvan

Thank you for your feedback. I know your feelings.

I have discussed your question with my colleague. Unfortunately, there is no MQX BSP support for K22 in Codewarrior 10.6.  Now Freescale’s software strategy going forward is based on the Kinetis SDK. The supported IDE includes IAR,Keil , KDS and Atollic. But no Codewarrior. It means in the future, we will not integrate new features into Codewarrior.  I don't think you can use k22 with codewarrior and MQX. there are lots of work to do. Though you don't like KDS,  in fact, KDS is a replacement of Codewarrior for the new Kinetis devices. They are very similar. and it is free. If you wants to have a try, I suggest you use KDS 3.0.  there is a user guide in your installation folder. C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\doc.   

Of course you can choose IAR or Keil.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
yb
Contributor IV

Daniel,

Thanks for your answer.

To resume, I need an OS (MQX) and I already tried KDS 3.0.0 + KDSK 1.2.0, but it's so very different and so hard to use than CW + MQX...

Free or not is not the problem for me, I just need an usable and friendly IDE.

With KDS, FREESCALE has now no solution for me ; I'm trying another solution for this middle range of CPU : TI MSP430 and their CSS+TI_RTOS.

My future devs with "big" M4 will be with K64 + CW + MQX. But the day when all CPU's will be on KDS, I'll have to change this solution too.

Yvan

0 Kudos