AnsweredAssumed Answered

vProfiler on wandboard-solo and wandboard-quad

Question asked by Murat Bolat on Sep 25, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 by Murat Bolat

Hello all,

I want to profile OpenGL ES applications on wandboard and want to use the Vivante vProfiler tool, but I was not able to profile it so far.

I downloaded the yocto recipes for wandboard from the page Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform · GitHub and built the device image.

I downloaded the Vivante VDK 1.4.6 and copied the vProfiler libraries to /usr/lib/vprofiler directory on the board.

I can run the samples in the /opt/viv_samples/vdk directory successfully (e.g. ./tutorial1_es20 -f 100). When I set the flag VIV_PROFILE (export VIV_PROFILE=1), the application creates an empty vpd file.

When I enable the vProfiler libraries in /usr/lib/vprofiler (export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/vprofiler:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH), the application terminates with the following message:

root@wandboard-solo:/opt/viv_samples/vdk# ./tutorial1_es20 -f 100

mxc_sdc_fb fb.26: 1280x720 h_sync,r,l: 40,110,220  v_sync,l,u: 5,5,20 pixclock=74250000 Hz

Segmentation fault

root@wandboard-quad:/opt/viv_samples/vdk# ./tutorial1_es20 -f 100

mxc_sdc_fb fb.26: 1920x1080 h_sync,r,l: 44,88,148  v_sync,l,u: 5,4,36 pixclock=148500000 Hz

Segmentation fault

I want to know if someone could run vProfiler on wandboard and if yes can he share the procedure in enabling vProfiler. Is the libraries I am using correct, because the size of the original libraries are bigger than the vProfiler libraries from the VDK?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Best regards,

Murat

Outcomes