Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about P2041RDB  board using CodeWarrior  Flash Programmer

Jump to solution
连营张
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Codewarrior USB TAP and the flash programmer to flash a u-boot binary image to my p2041rdb board with the codewarrior v10.5.0, but I met  a problem.As shown in the figure below:79748_79748.pngQQ截图20150925222141.png

can you help me?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello lianying zhang,

According to the log, it looks that there is problem with DDR, please check DDR on your target board.

When you create a new project, please select SRAM "Download" or "Connect" launch configuration, then use it to connect to the target board and perform flash programming.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello lianying zhang,

You'd better create a project for P2041RDB with wizard and see if connection OK first.

If connection failure, share the CCS log as Yiping suggested.

If the connection is OK, then try the flash programmer again, and use its LC as the "Run Configuration".

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello lianying zhang,

There is problem to connect and initialize the target board, please use the following procedure to capture the CCS log and attach it.

Before connect to the target, please enable CCS log from "Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core0_RAM_Connect(Download)->Edit...->Advanced->Advanced CCS setting->Enable logging", and connect to the target from "Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core0_RAM_Connect(Download)->Debug”, the CCS log will be printed in the console panel in CodeWarrior IDE.

Note: Please open the console panel from Window->Show View->Console, and if nothing displayed, please choose the correct session on the right top icon in the panel. If the CCS log in the console is truncated, please enlarge the console buffer from Window->Preferences->Run/Debug->Console->uncheck "Limit console output".

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
连营张
Contributor I

hi,yipingwang,I met a new problem,as shown in the attachment.in addition,i often encountered this problem:failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain.what are the reasons for these two problems?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello lianying zhang,

1. Please check whether there is valid RCW on your target board, if no please use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file, for details, please refer to the section "8.4 Setting up a remote system to use a JTAG configuration file" in C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.0\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf.

2. Please let me know whether you are using the new product CodeWarrior which integrates both USB and Ethernet ports.

3. If your problem remains, please provided CCS log captured with the above method.

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos
连营张
Contributor I

about 2,I can promise it is correct.

0 Kudos
连营张
Contributor I

hi,yipingwang, JTAG's problem has been solved, unfortunately there is a new problem.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello lianying zhang,

According to the log, it looks that there is problem with DDR, please check DDR on your target board.

When you create a new project, please select SRAM "Download" or "Connect" launch configuration, then use it to connect to the target board and perform flash programming.

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos
连营张
Contributor I

hi,Yiping,My problem has been solved,i just in the "codewarrior bareboard project wizard" change from "download" to "connect" launch.I do not know if this is a coincidence, can you tell me what is the difference between "connect" and "download" launch?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello lianying zhang,

"Connect" launch configuration is used to initialize the target and connect to the target.

"Download" launch configuration is the used to initialize the target board, then download debug program to RAM or SRAM.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos