file clash error when building ipk version fsl-image-qt5 with FSL Yocto 3.14.28 release

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file clash error when building ipk version fsl-image-qt5 with FSL Yocto 3.14.28 release

yanfengliu
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to build "fsl-image-qt5" target with 3.14.28 FSL Yocto release, I took "ipk" package manager format (default is rpm), but I got the following errors:

Collected errors:

* check_data_file_clashes: Package udev-extraconf wants to install file /m/u/imx6q/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-image-qt5/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/udev/rules.d/local.rules

But that file is already provided by package  * udev

* check_data_file_clashes: Package udev-extraconf wants to install file /m/u/imx6q/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-image-qt5/1.0-r0/rootfs/etc/default/udev-cache

But that file is already provided by package  * udev-cache

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-core-x11-sato.

The same target can build successfully with rpm package manager.

Can someone give pointers about how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

yanfeng

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
6 Replies

ehson
Contributor II

Hi,

Any update on this? I see the same build failure with PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_ipk".

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ahsan Hussain,

I’ve reproduced this error and its present in both 3.14.28 and 3.10.17 BSP releases. It may be related to the present of udev-extraconf append file when it was replaced by udev-rules-imx.bb. It is not present when using package_rpm or package_deb and should be fixed from Daisy onwards on the FSL-Community BSP. However, the BSP Releases are static and thus no patches are released for them anymore.

Regards,

0 Kudos

jongjinyi
Contributor I

Hello Yanfeng Liu,

I'm suffering the same issue.

Did you solved it?

Could you tell me how you walk around this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos

yanfengliu
Contributor III

Sorry that I don't have a solution and the Yocto environment for the system I am using is a different one from FSL which we don't have access. So I didn't rely on Yocto any more but manually prepared .ipk for our app.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Yanfeng Liu,

Would you please let us know the steps you follow for adding the ipk package manager?

Did you change PACKAGE_CLASSES to package_ipk on the local.conf file of the build directory?

0 Kudos

yanfengliu
Contributor III

Yes, I used PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_ipk" as you said.

0 Kudos