Building VPU and gstreamer using Yocto for IMX53

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building VPU and gstreamer using Yocto for IMX53

kravik
Contributor IV

I have build images for imx53EVK board using yocto updated at https://community.freescale.com/message/570496#570496 and flashed images by referring https://community.freescale.com/message/528720#528720 .

When I flashed the u-boot built with yocto then board is not booting, but if I use prebuilt u-boot then board is booting.

Now I want to build VPU and gstreamer using Yocto.

I could see the following line in sources/Documentation/release-notes/source/issues-known.rst file inside yocto.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Fail to build imx-lib/imx-vpu/imx-test/gst-fsl-plugin when building against linux-fslc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any one tried to build imx-vpu and gstreamer using yocto?

I thought of building vpu first. I could see following package entry in meta-fsl-arm/recipes-multimedia/libfslcodec/libfslcodec.inc file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PACKAGECONFIG[vpu] = "--enable-vpu,--disable-vpu,imx-vpu"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it has to be enabled in the poky.conf(as the distribution is poky from local.conf). Can you please suggest me how to make an entry in poky.conf to enable vpu.

Labels (4)
4 Replies

kravik
Contributor IV

I started building gstreamer by adding following content in local.conf file.

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "\

gstreamer \

gst-meta-base \

gst-plugins-bad \

gst-fsl-plugin"

It build successfully, but when I execute following command, it is giving "WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "aiurdemux"" error.

#gst-launch filesrc location=Avengers.mp4 typefind=true ! aiurdemux ! queue max-size-time=0 ! mfw_vpudecoder ! mfw_v4lsink

I thought the error related to "aiurdemux" may be related to absence of gst-ugly plugins, so I tried building gst-ugly plugins, but build is failing with following error.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'gst-plugins-ugly' (but /home/user/fido/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)

ERROR: gst-plugins-ugly was skipped: because it has a restricted license not whitelisted in LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST

NOTE: Runtime target 'gst-plugins-ugly' is unbuildable, removing...

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['gst-plugins-ugly']

ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-minimal' has no buildable providers.

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-minimal', 'gst-plugins-ugly']

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please help to fix the following error.

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "aiurdemux"

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please, take a loon in

FSL Community BSP Release Notes 1.8 documentation

and

FSL Community BSP

Are you subscribed to meta-freescale mailing list? Several important changes were included recently for mx53 and we discussed all them in meta-freescale. Maybe you can take a look on archives.

I was not able to understand which source code and branch are you using.

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you, Daiane, for the help!

kravik
Contributor IV

Thanks for the info.