KDS debug sessions do not terminate

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS debug sessions do not terminate

sjbrech
Contributor II

I am running KDS in Linux and can download and debug fine on a frdmk22f, but when I try to terminate the debug session (by clicking Terminate), the debug session does not terminate.  I can not start another debug session unless I close KDS and start it again.

• KDS 3.0 
  • KSDK 1.2
  • K22 Freedom Board
  • Linux (Fedora 21)  uname -a:  Linux f21-arm 3.17.4-301.fc21.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Nov 27 19:09:10 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  • (Same issue occurred when I tried this on Windows 7).
  • Segger JLink

I see this running my code, but I ran one of the examples (flash demo) included in the SDK and it also occurs.

The terminate seems to stop the gdb sessions just fine

While Debug Session is running:

[sbrecheisen@f21-arm ~]$ ps -ef | grep -i gdb

sbreche+  4000  3957  0 10:21 pts/1    00:00:03 /opt/Freescale/KDS_3.0.0/eclipse/../segger/JLinkGDBServerCL -if swd -device MK22FN512xxx12 -endian little -speed 30 -port 2331 -swoport 2332 -telnetport 2333 -vd -ir -localhostonly 1 -s

sbreche+  4020  3957  0 10:21 pts/1    00:00:00 arm-none-eabi-gdb --interpreter=mi2 --nx

sbreche+  4060  3625  0 10:27 pts/7    00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i gdb

After Terminate is initiated:

[sbrecheisen@f21-arm ~]$ ps -ef | grep -i gdb

sbreche+  4086  3625  0 10:29 pts/7    00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i gdb

[sbrecheisen@f21-arm ~]$

KDS doesn't really give any information about why the terminate fails in the console, but I am attaching the output that I see in the terminal where I launched KDS.

Attachment: "terminate_debug_errors".

If I go back to the C/C++ perspective and attempt to start a new debug session, I get the following:

79362_79362.pngpastedImage_18.png

I do not know if it is related, but I also always see the following error when I first start my debug session.  But I can still debug just fine, other than the termination issue.  I also attached the output seen in the terminal where I initially launch the debug session  (), although they may not matter.

Attachment: "initial_debug_errors"

79240_79240.pngpastedImage_2.png

Additional attempt to terminate debug session

79361_79361.pngpastedImage_7.png

SemihostingProcess.destroy() Thread[Worker-19,5,main] Thread[Semihosting and SWV fake process,1,]

SemihostingProcess.destroy() after interrupt

SemihostingProcess.destroy() before shutdownInput

SemihostingProcess.destroy() return

Original Attachment has been moved to: terminate_debug_errors.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: initial_debug_errors.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I wonder if the problem is because of the old associations.

please remove .metadata folder in your current workspace then restart your project again, how does it work then?

Have a great day,

Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sjbrech
Contributor II

Is there a file specifically in .metadata/ that you are suggesting I remove?

I removed the entire .metadata/ directory and this did not fix the issue, but of course for this test KDS example, the .metadata is what remembers that I am testing with an import of the flash demo application (along with importing the K22F51212 platform lib). 

So when I delete the .metadata and relaunch of course it works the first time (just as it works when restarting KDS), but still has the issue when trying to terminate the debug session to start a new one.

0 Kudos