Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio  Version: 3.0.0

Jump to solution
kyizawwin
Contributor II

Hi,.

I just upgraded to KDS V3.0.0 and had encountered the following. I am not sure what will be the impact on my code.

1) At Rapid Application Development I could not select KSDK_1.2.0. So, I have to select "none". Is there any hidden problem in my setting?

79205_79205.pngpastedImage_0.png

2) At main.c, there is one warning sign at PE_low_level_init(); Not sure it will have any problem.

79206_79206.pngpastedImage_2.png

79207_79207.pngpastedImage_3.png

Thanks,

Bryan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bryan,

1) The Kinetis SDK does not support the KL05Z, so this is normal.

2) What debug firmware are you using on your FRDM-KL05Z? I think you have set too many breakpoints, exceeding the number of hardware breakpoints on your target. Disable/remove your breakpoints to see if this is your problem.

As for the breakpoints: you could 'skip' breakpoints (Skipping Breakpoints) to work around the hardware limitation. Or you could use the Segger J-Link OpenSDA firmware which allows you to set more breakpoints than the hardware has available (Freedom Board with Segger OpenSDA Debug Firmware).

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kyizawwin
Contributor II

Thanks, Enrich!

It seems that break point inherited from coping my previous project. It goes away when i create project.

Bryan

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bryan,

1) The Kinetis SDK does not support the KL05Z, so this is normal.

2) What debug firmware are you using on your FRDM-KL05Z? I think you have set too many breakpoints, exceeding the number of hardware breakpoints on your target. Disable/remove your breakpoints to see if this is your problem.

As for the breakpoints: you could 'skip' breakpoints (Skipping Breakpoints) to work around the hardware limitation. Or you could use the Segger J-Link OpenSDA firmware which allows you to set more breakpoints than the hardware has available (Freedom Board with Segger OpenSDA Debug Firmware).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos