K22F512, MQX and USB...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K22F512, MQX and USB...

yb
Contributor IV

After reading that K22F512m120 was supported by MQX, I was looking for USB lib.

But USB seems is available only for KDS, not for CW / MQX (other lib are available for CW + MQX).

Is there a reason ? Is there a solution to have USB lib under CW ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

KDS is a replacement of Codewarrior for the new ARM Kinetis devices, I suggest you move to KDS for future Kinetis development.

Please take a look to the following post that shows the difference between Codewarrior and KDS

Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio | MCU on Eclipse

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

yb
Contributor IV

Daniel,

I tried KDS last week and I didn't found a usable IDE...

I spend a lot of time (several years now) on CW Eclipse + MQX, found a lot of bugs, learned operations and making my experience with, so, I don't understand why FREESCALE decide to change IDE, without real reasons.

For exemple, today, I have a new project where K22FN512 is just the perfect reference (hardware and internal peripherals). On this board, I need SD card, USB OTG (plus some glue).

With KDS, I found some exapmples for SD in SPI mode (for TWRK22 even if the FRDM board have a footprint for SD connector...), but without MQX.

It's very diffcult to understand how KDS shall work...

With adding Processor Expert, no more results.

With KDS, I found that all is very hard to understand and to test.

MQX was clear, "simple", usable and useful. Not KDS case...

I will wasting the end of this week to find a solution (how to simply use KDS or porting target under CW+MQX) and it will be finished for me (20years of MOTOROLA / FREESCALE). It's abnormal to waste 2 full weeks to reach any results nor any solution...

I'm really surprised that so few other developers complain about KDS !

Yvan

0 Kudos