cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Basis Chip MCZ33905CS3EK and Kinetis MK10FX512VLQ12 flash

darioantolovic
Contributor I

Hello,

I developed a custom board with an System Basis Chip MCZ33905CS3EK and Kinetis MK10FX512VLQ12 MCU. I managed to communicate successfully with the SBC trough SPI. I configured all registers and functions I need, and I was able to enter different modes of the SBC. I use CodeWarrior 10.6, and PEMicro Multilink Universal for programming and debug. When I setup DEBUG mode in SBC, the flashing and debug works without problems, but the problem's occur when i leave the DEBUG mode and try to debug trough CW. I receive a error message, and in the console (part of the console message, I can post the complete log if needed):

ERR: Error loading programming algorithm - load aborted.

ERR: Error occured during Flash programming.

When I try to debug or flash trough CW, I first set the SBC in the FLASH mode with the WD timer configured to 32s. I also captured the SPI and RESET_b signals with an logic analyzer.

SBC_MK10_response.PNG

RED arrow - enter in the SBC FLASH mode

BLUE arrow - start debug with CW, PE Micro tries to flash

GREEN arrow - MCU is reset and continues to run with the old flash

The only option to successfully flash the MCU outside the DEBUG mode is to disconnect the RESET_b pin of the MCU from SBC (jumper). Here is a waveform that shows the RESET_b signal in this condition:

SBC_MK10_response_OK.PNG

RED arrow - enter in the SBC FLASH mode

BLUE arrow - start debug with CW, PE Micro tries to flash

GREEN arrow - MCU is reset and runs with new firmware

I suppose, the problem is in the SBC. As you can see in the first image, there are a couple of low reset pulses that you can't see in the second image. The period of this reset pulses is 250ms, and the duration is 1ms, as by specification of the SBC. I checked the datasheet and it says that the SBC enters fail-safe operation when it detects some error conditions, and the RESET short to GND is one of them, so that it try's to reset the MCU. I think that this Reset pulses make problems to PEMicro programer.

Has anyone had a same or similar problem? Is there a possibility to disable the fail-safe operation for RESET short to GND in FLASH mode of the SBC, or to somehow configure the PEMicro?

THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
0 Replies