PF series PMIC VSNVS question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF series PMIC VSNVS question

stelleb
Contributor I

Hello, I am new to this forum so hopefully this will get someone's attention soon so I can finish my design.  Anyway, the question that I have is regarding the PF series PMICs and the VSNVS LDO in them.  Having read the datasheet several times now, it is not at all clear to me how much current this particular regulator can support.  Can anyone help with this?  Also, it looks from the datasheet like there is a minimum current of 5 uAmps, is this correct?

In my application circuit, I have an RTC domain that will consume as much as 430 uAmps when the processor is active and about 30uAmps when it is asleep (RTC only mode).  The supply voltage for this domain must be 1.8V no matter which mode I am in.  I have the ability to put in just about any supply voltage, but again it isn't really clear that a larger or smaller voltage is advantageous or if it even matters.

Please advise,

Ben

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ben

VSNVS LDO regulator can support up to 400uA

MMPF0100.jpg

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stelleb
Contributor I

Igor, thanks for your reply.  I did see that the current max says 400uAmps, but then saw that the current limit nubmers are considerably higher depending on the voltage selected.  Does the current limit not determine the max current limit of the regulator in this case?

Also, is there a load minimum?  I think the datasheet indicates 5uAmps minimum load?

Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos