is imx_sema4 available on iMX6q ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is imx_sema4 available on iMX6q ?

phdm
Contributor III

Hello, trying to switch my linux kernel for an iMX6q processor from imx_3.10.53_1.1.0_ga to imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga, I get the following error messages :

LD  init/built-in.o

arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `clk_pllv3_do_shared_clks':

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0xeac): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_lock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0xedc): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_unlock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0xf10): undefined reference to `imx_update_shared_mem'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0xf2c): undefined reference to `amp_power_mutex'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0xf30): undefined reference to `shared_mem'

arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `clk_gate2_do_shared_clks':

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x110c): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_lock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x113c): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_unlock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x1178): undefined reference to `imx_update_shared_mem'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x1198): undefined reference to `amp_power_mutex'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x119c): undefined reference to `shared_mem'

arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `clk_pfd_do_shared_clks':

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x14ac): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_lock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x14dc): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_unlock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x1518): undefined reference to `imx_update_shared_mem'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x1538): undefined reference to `amp_power_mutex'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x153c): undefined reference to `shared_mem'

arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `imx6q_pm_enter':

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x3cf0): undefined reference to `imx_mu_enable_m4_irqs_in_gic'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x3da4): undefined reference to `imx_mu_is_m4_in_low_freq'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x3db8): undefined reference to `imx_mu_enable_m4_irqs_in_gic'

make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

I know a way to make the build succeed : enable SOC_MX6SX and friends in .config.  But I have no iMX6SX and do not plan to run my kernel on such a harware.  Are the 'sema4' and 'm4' really available in the hardware of my iMX6q, or may we rather avoid linking those unneeded functions ?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Philippe

no, 'sema4' and 'm4' are not available in the hardware of iMX6q.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

phdm
Contributor III

Thanks Igor.

Are there patches available avoiding to link in those unneeded functions when targeting only a iMX6q ?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Philippe

I think one needs just to select right machine configuration,

please check sect.5.2 Machine configurations attached Yocto Guide

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos