AnsweredAssumed Answered

is imx_sema4 available on iMX6q ?

Question asked by Philippe De Muyter on Sep 22, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 by igorpadykov

Hello, trying to switch my linux kernel for an iMX6q processor from imx_3.10.53_1.1.0_ga to imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga, I get the following error messages :

LD  init/built-in.o

arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `clk_pllv3_do_shared_clks':

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0xeac): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_lock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0xedc): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_unlock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0xf10): undefined reference to `imx_update_shared_mem'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0xf2c): undefined reference to `amp_power_mutex'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0xf30): undefined reference to `shared_mem'

arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `clk_gate2_do_shared_clks':

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x110c): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_lock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x113c): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_unlock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x1178): undefined reference to `imx_update_shared_mem'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x1198): undefined reference to `amp_power_mutex'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x119c): undefined reference to `shared_mem'

arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `clk_pfd_do_shared_clks':

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x14ac): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_lock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x14dc): undefined reference to `imx_sema4_mutex_unlock'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x1518): undefined reference to `imx_update_shared_mem'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x1538): undefined reference to `amp_power_mutex'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x153c): undefined reference to `shared_mem'

arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `imx6q_pm_enter':

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x3cf0): undefined reference to `imx_mu_enable_m4_irqs_in_gic'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x3da4): undefined reference to `imx_mu_is_m4_in_low_freq'

platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x3db8): undefined reference to `imx_mu_enable_m4_irqs_in_gic'

make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

I know a way to make the build succeed : enable SOC_MX6SX and friends in .config.  But I have no iMX6SX and do not plan to run my kernel on such a harware.  Are the 'sema4' and 'm4' really available in the hardware of my iMX6q, or may we rather avoid linking those unneeded functions ?

Outcomes