IMX53 uboot issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX53 uboot issue

mackwarren
Contributor I

I am working with a custom board based on the MX53QSB (MCIMX53-START-R). The only difference is the USB OTG has been omitted. The custom board boots fine with the MCIMX535-START-R-BSP-11-09_C image, but the core-image-minimal build from yocto (using the IMX53QSB machine on Daisy) does not boot. The following is output when trying to boot from the core-image-minimal build:

"U-Boot 2013.10 (Sep 17 2015 - 15:22:06)

Board: MX53 LOCO
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  1 GiB
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1
MMC: no card present
MMC init failed
Using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
CPU:   Freescale i.MX53 family rev2.1 at 1000 MHz
Reset cause: POR
Net:   FEC
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
MMC: no card present
mmc0(part 0) is current device
MMC: no card present"

It appears that the yocto uboot build doesn't see the SDcard. I used the MCIMX535-START-R-BSP-11-09_C image to check the fuse settings on the MCIMX53-START-R board and burnt the same fuses on the custom board. I've used the OBDS tools in the MCIMX535-START-R-BSP-11-09_C image to test out the peripherals, and everything seems to be operational hardware wise. Does anyone have any insight as to why the yocto uboot isn't seeing the sdcard?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mack

one can check SDcard cd signal and check iomux settings for image,

sect.1.3.3 Adding New Driver Initialization Code to Board Files attached Porting

Guide describes uboot modifications. Just for test one can try with uboot from

Linux 2.6.35 Source Code Files and documentation 11.09.

Supports MCIMX53-START and MCIMX53-START-R (REV 2011.09)

http://www.freescale.com/products/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-processors-based-on-arm-cores/i.m...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos